August PUP

the only thing i would change back is maybe adding the castle armies back to the blockhouse and the meteor hammer multi, the rest are fine tbh

1 Like
  • MISSION FERVOR: Effect updated to ā€œHealing units train faster and gain more hitpoints. Significantly improves their healing speed.ā€
    +50% HP
    +50% train speed (also improves arrival time of Basilica shipments of Priests)
    +100% heal rate

• PRIEST: Cost reduced to 100c (from 150)

In case of you Balance Team didnā€™t realize it, Iā€™m just telling you now beforehand:

TEAM Cheap Priests (RUSSIA): Priests, Imams, and Missionaries cost -50% and time -75%;

Before Russia becomes meta in August and we suffer until you nerf it in Septemberā€¦

Also thereā€™s absolutely no reason to buff Priestā€™s HP even further than 35% since you already giving 4 buffs at once (HP, cost, healing and training). Thatā€™s a pretty good example on how things are overbuffed and overnerfed, which leads ranked matches spiraling down into complaints.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like this nerf to the House of Savoy card, I think this card should not be a team card and it should stay as an infinite card.

House of Savoy: Ships 5 Armored Pistoleers; costs 750 coin

An acceptable alternative would be for the card to allow us to train Armored Pistoleers.

TEAM House of Savoy: Ships 4 Armored Pistoleers and allows to train them in the lombards and taverns; costs 750 coin.

Though they nerfed priest base hp to 200 from 360. Instead of 75c 486hp meat shields, there will be 50c 300hp meat shields unless I missed something. Instant training could be weird though and I guess more priests does mean more damage with similar hp pool.

3 Likes

Just saw it. It feels abusable with units with reflecting damage perk too

It is also a buff to using Inquisitors as Russia since they benefit from the cheap priest card.

1 Like

They already implemented diplomacy in the game, you have to enable the option in the game set up

1 Like

Dakota: Comanche settlements instead of Cheyenne now spawn.
What? Why? The Dakotas are about 500 miles north of Comancheria, this is way outside the zone that the Comanche would be found in. The furthest north the Comanche would travel was Oklahoma, if that. The Dakota map seems to be analogous to the area where the Dakotas meet Minnesota - the Comanche were nowhere near here.

Yā€™all are hella off with your geography, devs.

Edit: There isnā€™t really a native settlement in the game that would fit well in this area, but the Cheyenne are the only ones that make sense - the close kinship between the Seven Fires and the Cheyenne means that these settlements could be seen as Cheyenne trading posts for business with the two Dakota nations. Otherwise, thereā€™s not a whole lot that could be put here unless yā€™all want to put in the two Dakota nations as minor civilizationsā€¦ Which would be cool, actually.

6 Likes

lol the dev solution to haud wood problem is to jack up te yield insanely high

So a strat to kill haud wood income is to get a few grens and start targeting the wood area, it knocks down the trees and gg

RIP Aztecs, stealth is the only useful way they have to approach cannons and skirmishers masses. At least give them access to culverins unit type now. AKs are still very inefficient.

1 Like

Shouldnā€™t the Aztecs get the castle as well, since itā€™s always given to them in campaigns?

I generally feel that people jumps fastly into conclusions.

2 Likes

There are way too many nerfs to the Ethiopians here.

• Javelin Rider: Hitpoints reduced to 180 (from 190)

I think it would have been much better to just nerf their range instead of health. It would fit logically and would make them easier to catch and more prone to bunch up in large numbers.

• Desert Archer: Adjusted as follows
    • Now occupies 3 population space (up from 2)
    • Heavy infantry multiplier reduced to 1.75X (from 2X)
  • Desert Warrior: Now occupies 3 population space (up from 2)

If the target is some early outlaw strategies then this is reasonable. However, there really needs to be a focus on making non-African outlaws actually viable.

CARDS

• Zebenyas (III): Siege armor improvement reduced to +5% (from +10%); hitpoint improvement reduced to 10% (from 15%).
  • Loyal Warriors (I): Moved to the Fortress Age.

Nerfing the siege armour by 5% seems unnecessary and excessive. The health reduction is enough of a nerf and a 5% resistance seems too small to even bother with.

Loyal Warriors (-15% native/outlaw/merc cost) becomes nearly useless if itā€™s moved to the Fortress Age. Natives other than the ones you age up with are basically too expensive to bother with without that card. Outlaws are obsolete by age 3 so along with the other nerfs theyā€™ll be largely ignored (leaving no consistent viable light infantry or heavy cavalry option). All itā€™s good for in 1v1 would be reducing the cost of some of the age 4 cards.

Loyal Warriors should stay in age 1 or 2, but only reduce gold and influence costs. That would make it a little less lucrative for outlaws but overall still viable. Natives and mercs could also be affected by the War Camp upgrades instead of just shadow techs.

Once they nerf all the cheese strategies, there need to be some buffs to compensate.

• Ethiopia needs a real heavy cavalry unit. Oromos massively underperform against everything heavy cavalry is supposed to take care of and are overly expensive to be a generalist unit. Some changes like this would be a good start to making them not suck:
  • The transition to cannons is unduly costly. The European Cannons tech should be scrapped, and the cannons should be shipped just like how Basilica units are. Some reductions to their influence cost could also help greatly. A tech like ā€œDomestic Manufacturingā€ that shifts some of the cost to wood (~400 influence and 100 wood) would also be very helpful.
2 Likes

what are the new maps, exept Pomerania?

One is Mediterranean
Idk what the third one is

1 Like

That is interesting. Does the map in the loading screen show some african maps and are they in a new art style like the european maps?

I didnā€™t pay attention to that

Also what do you mean with ā€œnew art styleā€?

So the china is buffed or nerfed?
They nerf some cards and Russia relation But also got a fat goat in the beginning

Fertile Crescent, which can be seen in Anatolia loading screen has a different border shape than the Fertile Crescent Map loading screen itself. This is what I mean with new style. Maybe there are even new Maps hinted on.

Pomerania
AcrĆ³polis
Mediterraneo

2 Likes