Background music stops looping

Game Version:

• Build 36211
  • Platform Steam

Issue:

While playing tutorial campaign, after around 10 minutes, I can no longer hear the background music. Same behaviour happens with the main menu theme.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Launch tutorial campaign scenario.
  2. Stay idle between 10 to 20 minutes
  3. Can no longer hear background music (maybe it’s not looping)
3 Likes

I have this issue too, since Update 36211. It happened to me in other campaign, it was either The Rise of Rome or Ave Caesar. I believe it happens with every scenario, and not just with a bunch of them.

I just spotted it once again, during a map test with Scenario Editor!

UPDATE: The bug apparently does NOT apply to all scenarios. I’m playing the Rome campaign, and so far, I haven’t found this issue there.

I thought it was only in the first missions but it also happens in the greek mission of the siege of Troy.

1 Like

Yeah, I really want this problem to be solved… I mean, it wasn’t there previously, at least to my knowledge. Have you guys experienced it before April 15th update?

Game Version:

• Build: 36211
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: auderson

Issue:

It seems the game have an issue with BGM. It will stop after playing the first track. I purchased the OST DLC, but the problem is not solved.

Reproduction Steps:

Just start a random game and listen for yourself.

1 Like

What’s BGM? Background music I guess. Are you talking about this issue?

If so, it also happened to me and other players. It has been around since update 36211, to my knowledge.

Please, fix this, Microsoft!

Also happens with the main menu song, so it’s very simple to get it tested.

Yes, in single player mode it happens less frequently, but in multiplayer, it happens every match! I thought MS made the BGM a DLC, so I even bought it!
And I felt this is an issue which has existed for a long while, but it is not so noticeable, because the first BGM lasts for around 5 min(10min in game, 2.0 speed)! And when it stops, it is already mid game , and players are busy playing so that they hardly felt it!

1 Like

I don’t recall it happening before update 36211. I’m confident something regarding that update is causing the issue, since I bought the game two months ago, and had 50+ hours in without the music stopping.

Game Version:

• Build: 36211
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: lecarusin

Issue:

After playing the game for about 10 minutes? I guess, or 2-3 songs, the music stops playing and play only with sounds from game. If I save and load the game, music starts again, untill it stops again.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. Just play the game for a while, and after 2 or 3 songs, it stops playing music.
1 Like

Known bug. Evangelos (developer) is aware. It is a bug mentioned in my 1st compilation.

Try to use the search box instead of creating “new” topics to avoid clustering of the forums, please.

The main menu song is STILL not looping, so this problem’s not been fixed even after update 38862.