In game music is broken. Menu music is also broken

Game Version:

• Build ((23987))

Issue:

Game music stops playing around the 7 minute mark. If menu music is supposed to loop it doesn’t. Also, any time I go to a results screen that music plays all the way through regardless of if I stay on that menu. So if I lose a game then hit replay the “defeat” music will play over the normal game music. This makes for extremely obnoxious couple minutes, and then once I hit the 7ish minute mark it makes for a very boring game.

Reproduction Steps:

I guess just play the game. I’m playing through the campaign and started with the Egypt Tutorial campaign and I noticed this happened on every map when the game was lasting long enough for it to happen on. I’m not doing anything special, just playing the game.

7 Likes

I seemed to solved the issue. I did a full reinstall of the game and now it all works just fine. Not sure why the issue was present to begin with. So I guess if anyone else has this issue, that might work for you too.

2 Likes

At most times a cold reboot solves this problem too.

I think you also can reproduce this issue if you would switch to another account and start the game below that account shortly after the game below the primary account was closed and that user did not sign out.

This part in AOE DE is still a bit buggy I agree.

Same problem here. Saving and loading typicaly solves issue at least for a while

This definitely needs fixing. At start it will play a soundtrack, but one only. Ofcourse I could listen to the YT soundtrack in the background, but this needs to be fixed and I’m surprised this bug still exists after a year of release!

3 Likes

I start Spotify, Spotify have a better quality than the Sound in the game

1 Like

The first match you play the music will work fine. If you start a second match, the music will stop playing after the first track.

So just exit and relaunch the game after the first match, it fixes the problem.

I have the issue, too. Restarting fixes the problem, but when I am in a match I don’t like to restart. Would be nice if this is fixed.

1 Like

I have also the same problem, but rebooting the game doenst work. will there be a fix?

1 Like

i reinstalld the game, now the music bugs is for me fixed

I also reinstalled the game; the music is working in the first match, then it disappears in the next match. So this is still an ongoing issue in my experience. Let’s hope this gets fixed in a new update.

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build 36211
  • Platform Steam

Issue:

While playing tutorial campaign, after around 10 minutes, I can no longer hear the background music. Same behaviour happens with the main menu theme.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Launch tutorial campaign scenario.
  2. Stay idle between 10 to 20 minutes
  3. Can no longer hear background music (maybe it’s not looping)
4 Likes

I have this issue too, since Update 36211. It happened to me in other campaign, it was either The Rise of Rome or Ave Caesar. I believe it happens with every scenario, and not just with a bunch of them.

1 Like

I just spotted it once again, during a map test with Scenario Editor!

UPDATE: The bug apparently does NOT apply to all scenarios. I’m playing the Rome campaign, and so far, I haven’t found this issue there.

1 Like

I thought it was only in the first missions but it also happens in the greek mission of the siege of Troy.

2 Likes

Yeah, I really want this problem to be solved… I mean, it wasn’t there previously, at least to my knowledge. Have you guys experienced it before April 15th update?

Game Version:

• Build: 36211
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: auderson

Issue:

It seems the game have an issue with BGM. It will stop after playing the first track. I purchased the OST DLC, but the problem is not solved.

Reproduction Steps:

Just start a random game and listen for yourself.

1 Like

What’s BGM? Background music I guess. Are you talking about this issue?

If so, it also happened to me and other players. It has been around since update 36211, to my knowledge.

Also happens with the main menu song, so it’s very simple to get it tested.