Bug with Horses and Stand Ground stance (attack loop)

Game Version:

• Build: 38862
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: 1v4n94

Issue (first seen in Ave Caesar 4: The Battle of Pharsalus)

Hero Caesar and a Scout started attackign for no apparent reason, when having the Stand Ground stance selected. No enemies were around them.

It is possible that terrain elevation is somehow related to this bug, though I can’t confirm.

Reproduction Steps:

I’m not exactly sure if this is going to help you guys replicate it.
1. Use either Hero Caesar or Scout horse units, and apply the “Stand Ground” stance to them.
2. Try engaging on a fight with enemy units, by ordering an attack or just letting them do their thing.

ATTACHMENTS:

A Scout (note that it didn’t happen to all of them) eternally attacking for no reason. Unfortunately I don’t have a recording of the same issue happening to Caesar, with his respective attack animation (swinging his sword).

2 Likes

Since the update their been a bug where scouts stop engaging their attack after a while. I must confess this is frustrating for players when units don’t do what their told to do.

4 Likes

If you manage to record a short video about this and report back, that would be nice. Is it related to Stand Ground stance too?

The repro is straightforeward. Select a scout and attack a villager(you can use the default stance). A few seconds later it will stop attacking. Players right now have to use the attack stance but i have hotkey that and still disengages after a while. I’m not alone in saying I miss scouts when you select em and they will just chase the villager down until they dead.

1 Like

Both issues (units attacking the air and not continuing their attack when ordered) are known and tracked, thank you.

5 Likes

Build 46777

One of my chariots started an attack loop at Voices of Babylon 7 campaign scenario:
chariotmelee

Die! Die! Die! :joy:

1 Like

Enemies of Rome 4 (Odaenathus, Lord of Palmyra):
A camel rider started chasing an enemy horse archer, managed to attack it once, and then stayed in place while getting stuck on a loop (GIF below):
loop

• The bug happened while using attack move with aggressive stance combo.
  • It wasn’t possible for me to “stop” the camel from attacking the air; only way to achieve it was by simply command it to move somewhere else.

This is very similar to the bug I once had with a lion in build 38862:
After finishing my edits on a custom map with the Scenario Editor, I decided to test the map through the options menu. I attacked a lion with a Palmyrian camel, and as expected the lion counter-attacked, but since I was fast enough, I managed to escape most of its attacks. The lion soon after begun to attack the air on a loop. When I got close to it again, it did not attack whatsoever:
LionOnAttackLoopBug

Units that I saw being affected by this bug:

• Lion
  • Scout
  • Hero Caesar
  • Chariot
  • Camel rider
  • Cavalry (gif below)
    cavalryloop
1 Like

The more I play, the more I see this bug happening. I used to think it was very unlikely, but today it happened two times already!

1 Like

Still being tracked? :slight_smile:

1 Like

He’s training. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like