Bugs that I have found so far

I have an update on the bugs 2 more that i found One is related to pathing with the AI more so, Seems units are still getting stuck on more than just other troops, I have seen a number of times the AI units getting stuck on the coast/mountain ranges trying to go over to a land that is separated by the sea, mountain ranges etc. and they just get stuck on that edge instead of repathing This is an AI player issue and not a player units issue

2nd that is possibly a bug with the AI they seem to mass build storage pits everywhere they can without actually bothering to collect those resources near it this goes back to the first bug where they’re trying to collect resources far away from their base instead of taking the ones near by.

Well, the °funny thing° is that I tried the game on another computer as well and yet the same issue.
That makes me thing it might be related to some setting, maybe…and maybe not.
In any case s far I didn’t find a way to solve it.
Didn’t find anything in the forum as well, it is quite frustrating.
Is there any way to get in touch with the support or to get through this?

@boringlifew and for those who have encountered the same issue.
As I though, it is somehow connected to the xbox live ID, I have logged in to the game with a different Xbox live ID and all the missing text is back there.

Would still be great to reinstate it without creating a new ID tho! :wink:

/uploads/editor/mv/lsrntvc65xy9.png
/uploads/editor/xg/hevnij0arxbz.png
Also improve the animations for Armored Elephants when they are attacking. It is very strange to see that they attack in empty space when you give them the selected target for engagement. Maybe that is some sort of bug, but on the normal War Elephant, everything works fine. Currently all their attack moves weather it is targeted on units or buildings are broken and don’t apply to the selected target. Instead they have very strange moves with their heads like very fast up-down moves even on normal speed.

Does anyone else game suddenly freeze unless you alt-tab out and back in after entering a cheat code the first time, then went to start typing a 2nd cheat code in the game suddenly lags and only way to fix the lag is if you alt tab out then back in and hit F3 to resume then hit enter on the chat bar with nothing in it.

Happens to me a lot unfortunately but it is one i can live with.

My in game sound is screeching if sound + music are turned on. Same happens with campaign menu mission commentary. This issue exists only with AoE DE and does not happen in system/other games/applications. Looks like sounds are overlapping each other.

I have reinstalled drivers, changed audio devices, same happens on headphones, I can see double AoE DE in app sound controls, but changing volume of one of them does not solve the issue. :’( :’(

My music is fine, but AOE DE is very slow for me. My computer is a bit dated (AMD 2.9GHz, 6GB RAM, GeForce 8400GS), but meets the minimum requirements with a little margin. I can’t understand why your guys with the i7s are having problems. I wonder if there is a larger issue. I would like to see an option for degrading graphics in exchange for increased playability. (BTW, I tried to start a new topic thread for this but could see how.)

Agree with thread starter guy, it would be nice to have a stance setting on units like AoE2. Scouts not being aggressive is very annoying. Villy pathing is pretty poor they tend to clump up and get stuck. Ai farming all your resources is quite funny but it ruins the game. Targeting units to click is hard work as they have a small clickable area. The farm run out noise would be better if they did it when they have got back to the farm. Otherwise you have to wait a few seconds for them to get back to the farm to reseed. We all know how much happens in a few seconds in this game!

Must say I am enjoying the game despite the bugs, cant wait until AoE2 gets a new face :smile:

We’re aware of the issues with pathing and the AI.

@“Blaze Nightash”

For the 6th bug, did you happen to encounter this in single player? I’ve only encountered this in Multiplayer but I have no idea how to reproduce it in Single Player – if you can reproduce in Single Player, can you send in a save where this issue occurs? It would be very helpful for debugging.

For the 7th bug did you happen to send a stop order to your units?

@SubjectChanger1

This is likely because your graphics card is incompatible with DirectX 11 – What’s your GPU for confirmation?

@“Fantome of Blue”

Have you tried forcing the game to start downloading via the Windows Store?

@mr kuli

Can you follow the steps in this thread? https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15575/for-players-who-are-crashing-unable-to-launch

@StriateRobin896

This issue is currently being tracked.

@Danzemon

Can you follow the steps in this thread? https://forums.ageofempires.com/discussion/15575/for-players-who-are-crashing-unable-to-launch (Contacting about freezes is also acceptable) Thanks.

@BioOrcPC

What’s your sound card? Can you post your Dxdiag please?

@scotFNharvath

Your GPU (GeForce 8400GS) doesn’t support DirectX 11.

@CheeseOnToast thanks for acknowledging this, good to know things are being worked on! As the consumer, we assume/hope this to be true, but the acknowledgement goes a long way to reassuring!

@CheeseOnToast

Yes this was single player, As far as recreating it i can not as it happens very very rarely as why i put it as a minor bug. This occurred during the first mission of the rise of rome, Some else said they encountered this as well on this thread.

For the 7th bug no i did not order them to stop and diplo was set to enemy.Enemies would be walking all around near them and they’re like nah We’re good here. This happens quite often, They’re Fine for the most part when it comes to enemy buildings, Sometimes they’re like they don’t wanna attack the buildings either but doesn’t happen often

My biggest concern is with the suicidal Ai with its villagers, This happens in missions/non-mission games all of them Along with the AI randomly stalling out later into the game no longer progressing forward, gathering resources, making troops etcs

@Imperium1x said:
@boringlifew and for those who have encountered the same issue.
As I though, it is somehow connected to the xbox live ID, I have logged in to the game with a different Xbox live ID and all the missing text is back there.

Would still be great to reinstate it without creating a new ID tho! :wink:

If you sign in to Windows with a different MS account and then roll-over help does work there might be a problem with your locally stored user profile. You could try to create a fresh user profile by deleting the old one using administrative account and then sign in again to create new fresh profile of that MS account that failed. Issues with user profiles are still very common these days.

Cool, thanks, I’ll keep an eye on it.

In-game text (help, info, objectives, ect.) is transparent and unreadable. This has been reported in several forums. Makes game nearly unplayable.

@WoollyTitan521 said:
In-game text (help, info, objectives, ect.) is transparent and unreadable. This has been reported in several forums. Makes game nearly unplayable.

I had a nice one just now, all text just disappeared completely. Not even transparent, just absent.

@WoollyTitan521

Are you using a GPU which supports the DX 11 feature set? Can you post your DxDiag?

@Enzeeki

Are you by any chance using Windows 10 N?

CheeseOnToast

I did not try the Windows’ Store, but the game did eventually update on its own.

My only real gripe now is that I can’t join half the games listed, even though they’re in my region and have open slots. That’s even after a refresh of the lobby.

On top of that, I only see something like a dozen games listed. At most I’ve seen maybe between 19 and 24 on the weekends, but there should be thousands.

I guess my real curiosity here is that the original game was designed for both LAN and dialup, and you could play with people all over the world without too much latency issues. But now I can only find a handful of games, and I can’t join most of them.

Whatever.

For the sanity of building big armies…they definitely need pathfinding to work a little better at the moment

There are two things that need to change in AOE DE

1. The army, people after death must disappear, as the current look very cluttered.
  2. Resources such as fruit, elephants, deer need to darker color to easily identify.