Campaign progress no longer saving (since Nov update)

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 42848.0 5818516
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Since the November update, my progress through campaigns is no longer saving. Specifically, I’m playing Le Loi at the moment. I’d started, but not competed, scenario 3 before the update. Loading that saved game lets me finish the scenario and progress to scenario 4 - but upon exiting the program I lose my progress. When I opened the game again the next day, scenario 4 was unavailable and my medal from completing scenario 3 was gone. I had to load my last save from scenario 3, and finish it again before it would unlock scenario 4 again.

The same thing happened when I completed scenario 4 and unlocked scenario 5. My progress goes back to not having completed scenario 3 every time I close and re-open the program.

Tested it in a different campaign. Bari. Completed scenario 1, got my medal, started scenario 2. The next day, the campaign page for Bari looks like I haven’t even played scenario 1. No medal, and scenario 2 isn’t unlocked.

Every time I open the program, it seems to revert my campaign progress the point I was at when the update was rolled out. I can get to where I need to be by loading saves from near the end of completed scenarios, but it’s a real waste of time! I’d much prefer my progress through a campaign to be saved the way it always was.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a new campaign with scenarios that are still locked.
  2. Complete a scenario. On the campaign page, take note of the medal you just received, and the newly-unlocked scenario.
  3. Quit the game
  4. Reload the game
  5. See if your progress has been saved. Do you still have a medal for the scenario you completed? Is the newly-unlocked scenario missing?

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.
attached a screenshot of where my progress keeps reverting to

… and attached a screenshot of where I can get to if I load from saved games

3 Likes

I have the SAME Issue here

Glad to see others are reporting this issue. I have the same problem, here is my bug report from about 20 days ago

2 Likes