Can someone make a monks reskin mod?

I fiddled around with the Omkar mod and its good but it has also got too big, I dont like all the features but just some of those. One of those is the monk civilization reskin, which is not a real re-skin but a skin reassignment (e.g. using imam hero skin for islamic monks, etc.). something light like this would make the whole experience feel a notch more real, I have zero experience in mod making otherwise id give it a go

That would be very welcome!

2 Likes

The thing is that in order to do that, you need to do a data mod (to change certain units to certain civs) and consequently, it could not be used for playing ranked (only could be use if every other player is using it)

5 Likes

Forgot to specify, I am mostly a single-player gamer, rarely play online.

But in any case, maybe the official game version could consider this option, we already have different architectures, why not different monks?

4 Likes

Wish the devs actually listened to this request. :confused:

8 Likes

EXACTLY :cry: :pleading_face: :cry: :pleading_face: :cry: :pleading_face:

PLEASE DEVS ALLOW IT THROUGH NON-DATA MOD

NON DATA!

I MEAN NON DATA!!!

When I got DE, I WAS SO HYPE for the MODS MARKET and only for FINALLY GETTING NON-EUROPEAN UNIT SKINS!!!
But I was so sad when I learnt of the only mods I care about being locked behind non data mod, which it was never before!!! :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Yes, cmon devs, do this already! Just make the original data set into an independent unit dataset! I also made a thread asking for this, didn’t get much response, maybe if enough people make some noise about it they will change this?

2 Likes

thats not the only issue come with it.

there needs to be editing on hard coded stuff like monk with and without relic. you could have imam skinned monk pick up relic reverts back to western/meso monks because relic with monk for imam skin isn’t coded.

as soon as you pick up relic the skins are messed up, this applies to all other monk skins. maybe this can be a work around with task swap group but I havent tested yet but i doubt it.

also with non-data mod, they’d have to somehow prevent people from using same file name with graphics to avoid conflict i just dont see how that will work. UI non-data already creates conflict at times and this will just have more problem.

Anyone figured out how is the special mongol houses implemented in the mongols event without data modding?

1 Like

i choose mongol and build houses and still the old ones, not yurt. does this only apply in the event but not regular single player game?

1 Like

Of course they can do it without data-modding, like I was saying from months ago.
Which is why we must campaign to them to allow us to have optional (NON-DATA mod) REGION SPECIFIC GENERIC UNIT GRAPHICS

like I have said multiple times

Especially since for many generic unit-lines (6-7 of the major ones) we already have regional graphics in the game as I also showed

4 Likes

but it is still not possible to do it via regular modding. data modding is the only way right now for us.

hope the devs will open up other ways.

2 Likes

Yea the mongol houses are actually great and a step in the right direction. Its actually the only one of the unlockable contents I cared about. I wish they include more stuff like this down the line.

3 Likes

Just came across this thread. Has anyone managed to unlock the African Monk skin?

there is no graphics smx for it. only the icon is present in the game files.

1 Like

I was also disappointed about this, why bother going through the effort of making the graphics for those yurts if you are not going to include them permanently in the game?