Changing Madrasah

I am unranked, because I stopped playing online except against friends. Does not mean I still do not know about balance.

2 Likes

Oh, I thought you meant that the two suggestions were to be used together, sorry, I think the gold refund as civ bonus would not be horribly OP, horse regen might be pushing it for them because they are not horrible to begin with unless you take some other part of civ away still, and that is a lot of changes, I think OP was more looking for still somewhat useless bonus that has some situational value in a certain specific scenario that could happen and not a general bonus that applies to all games

1 Like

Look here Interesting ideas about the Saracens

I wrote an interesting topic about changing Saracens team bonus and UT

1 Like

What about if gives monasteries the ability to garrison monks (all what you want, not only when you train them)?

2 Likes

How would you use this? To put monastery forward and convert then garrison monks while recharging faith bar or for some other purpose?

Nah it is useless man

Madrasah pays for itself after a couple monks die and since monks are hard to micro it becomes useful after a while. Whenever I play as a monk civ I lose 40% of my monks on the battlefield to scouts and archers.

Exactly…

1 Like

You never pushed with monks?

Yeah i used monks but i mean garrison is not a good thing at all and not worthy for a UT

I normally see no purpose to research it if I play Saracen, but by the time I make a castle I am starting to phase out using monks and do not have many left alive, you need to have 3 to break even and 4 to make a gold profit from it, but I also do not normally place a castle right when I reach castle age and delay it, instead make TCs

Ok, with some other buff focus in buff the monk push maybe

There was a tech for this in AoE I called sacrifice which would give an instant conversion upon deleting a monk but it was very expensive and difficult, and because of that nobody ever got it.

Monks are still useful in the late-game for Saracens because of the Mameluke’s high cost. And you need all the gold you can get to keep them alive so they can fend off cavalry.

It is a very stong strategy and it doesn’t need a buff. But they could make a Wololo themed event for AoE II: DE.

To be fair, magyars lack a proper counter to late game goths. They lack hand cannoneers, they have champions without plate armor (same as goths, but much more expensive since they have no discount) and are basically forced to rely on heavy scorps against massed infantry, which are clunky and expensive to use. A mixed infantry flood of huskarls and halbs (plus champs if needed) cant counter everything magyars have.

So spending +100 gold with Mamelukes 85 gold cost will fix the problem?! Man, Mamelukes need actually to reduce their gold cost and Madrasah need to be replaced. Interesting ideas about the Saracens

Look i made an interesting topic about this you would like to see

Magyars have a full Blacksmith, they just lack squires.

they lack plate for infantry

Hah I actually remember getting that tech, but monks were stronger in AoE than they are in AoE2 in my opinion, or they seemed that way anyway, I think there were some units that cost more than monks to make you could cheese with the tech cannot remember for sure

I also do not make Mamelukes very often either and make archers and camels more often, for those healing is not worth the cost for me and I don’t continue to produce monks after I am done getting relics and army size gets above about 20 units, unless the opponent is Persian or another civ with strong elephants then I might make them for longer, but I don’t think I have ever used monks for healing with any civ besides Teutons before, I might try it once they patch the game and I can play without crashing again 11

Wtf, literally never noticed.