Chasing the crown achivement not working

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 42848
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

I kill the king before the 5 minute mark as requested, but I dont get the achievement. I tried several times and the objective gets completed, but it doesnt unlock.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
7 Likes

Do not know about the achievement and such, but one thing to always point out with time related things on Aoe2: The time that is relevant is not the real world time, but the in game time, which is with normal speed 1.7 times the time in real world
(For example: 10 minnutes of playing (real world) is considered as 17 minutes in game tim when on normal speed)
You also can turn on the in game time to always see the multiplier and the current in game time.

Yes, I have the in game timer enabled. Apart from the achievement this is also a secondary objective within the mission and it gets ticked off, so I know im doing it right. It’s the only campaign achievement I’m missing, I need it : (

1 Like

I have the same problem, I succeed the secondary objective (kill te king in 5 min) by different ways and difficulties but I have not the achievement… I play on Steam too with version 101.101.42848.0 5818516.

Another person who can vouch for the OP, achievement is definitely broken. What’s noticable in-game is that there is a comment made at the 5-minute mark exactly by your own king that the enemy king is dead…even if you killed them 3 minutes prior.

EDIT: Should note I’m personally experiencing this playing the Windows version, although that doesn’t seem to make a difference at the moment.

Same problem here, “Hot & Spicy” is bugged too…
The hotfix of yesterday did nothing about it.

That sucks, that one is fairly hard to get.

1 Like

Yep, that hurt me a lot :frowning:

1 Like

Just downloaded an update, so thought I’d give it another try. No luck.

Current version 101.101.43210.0 0

1 Like

I have the same problem as of 11/28/2020. It took me a few times and I am sad it didn’t work. Hopefully it can get fixed.

2 Likes

Haveing the same issue over here! deff A game problem! :frowning:

2 Likes

Same issue here. I killed the guy twice in less than 5 minutes. The secondary objective mark got ticked and later it told me that I killed him, despite the fact that he has already been dead for a few minutes.

3 Likes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 4#####
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: Chasing the Crown Archivement doesn’t works, i have done it in less than 5 minutes even complete the scenario in less than 5 minutes and dont works

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start the scenario
  2. Kill the king in 2 minutes with the arambai
  3. Capture the monument and complete the scenario in less than 5 minutes/after 5 minutes/ in every difficulty/ally portuguese/dont ally portuguese, every combination

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

Thank you all for the report! The team is aware and investigating this issue! I’ll let you know if there is anything else you can provide that will help them in their testing! :+1:

8 Likes

So, it will be fixed soon?

1 Like

I have the same problem, hope it gets fixed soon, I want to complete all the current achievements before the expansion adds more!

2 Likes

Hopefully gets fixed before the expansion. I’m trying to complete all and I’m just lacking this one and the 1v3 in mp game. The good think it’s that this is an easy one.

2 Likes

Has there been any progress on this? Still not working for me.

I’d like to point out that there is at least one other broken achievement. “Eternal Gratitude” for finding a penguin in the Historical Battle “Vinlandsaga”, which has apparently been unobtainable for a few months now. There is currently a thread for that here in the forums. It would be greatly appreciated if the dev team could diverge some attention to that as well, so people can get the 100% again. Thanks for your time.

1 Like

We are already in 2021 and the issue isn’t solved. As I try to do it today in different ways and doesnt work as well. Please, we still waiting for this resolution, do not forget about it!!!

1 Like