I totally agree, after playing over 100 ranked 1v1 with China.
The biggest problem with me that they are sooooooooooooooooooo one dimensional. You absolutely HAVE TO GO TO FORTRESS, or your just die a slow and painful death.
The balance team should really give China a realistic way to boom and also a reasonable way to punish a boom from the opponent.
Here are some of my ideas:
- Give them 400 starting wood, and 200 export at the start.
- Change the Russian consulate effect to maybe -10% vill cost and -10% build time.
- Change the stats of Steppe Raider from 15 base 2* infantry to 20 base, 1.5* infantry, and the same kind of change for Iron Flail. Basically buff the base damage of the cavs and reduce the multipliers against infantry so they won’t completely destroy skirmishers. I don’t think I have to say too much about this, but man, Steppe Raiders and Iron Flails are the worst cavs in the entire game. They do a somewhat ok job against skirms, but will be destroyed by almost everything else. Part of it I think is because of very low base damage. Give it a buff and make them a bit better against other cavs.
- Move the Mongolian Scourge buff to Keshiks into Repealing Volley, and also grant them +10% damage. Mongolian Scourge is just a awkward card to sent in most situations. I’d rather have cav combat and siege damage in separate cards.
- Make some adjustments to flamethrowers. They cost like half a falc but are not as effective. 2 flamethrowers card in fortress is dogshit. At least it should be 4 flamethrowers or 2 infinite.