Chinese meteor hammer cavalry bug supplement

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: Current Build
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Although aoe4 has been released, I still care about aoe3de.
The previous feedback topic description is not detailed enough, and can not be edited now. Therefore, in order to avoid ambiguity in the repair by the production team, I decided to make further detailed supplementary description on the model display bug of the Chinese meteor hammer cavalry.
Let me add that the current situation of meteor hammer cavalry is that the horse is upgraded normally (from 1 to 3, skip 2, everything is normal, and there is no need to modify), but the rider mistakenly stays at 1.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

This is a bug that continues from the original to the present.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

The correct form should be that the rider is the same as the horse, upgraded from 1 to 3, skip 2. that is, retain the two most different appearances.
Here I would like to remind the production team that the appearance of meteor hammer riders 2 and 3 is very close. Be careful not to make mistakes when correcting.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

AGE3(Both the rider and the horse are the initial appearance, which is no problem.):

AGE4/5(Current error call result,The horse has been upgraded, but the rider’s appearance has not changed.):

AGE4/5(Results that should have been called correctly,Riders and horses are upgraded.):

By the way, this bug has lasted since the original version. Although the texture has been HD after De, it is still not used, which not only wastes the work of the modeler, but also makes the meteor hammer cavalry look very uncoordinated.
In a word, it is recommended that the production team repair this bug as soon as possible, although I also know that it is not worth mentioning compared with stability and balance.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

this bug has lasted since the original version.

1 Like

Can the production team follow up my question? Tell me it’s already being repaired…

1 Like

Hi @ahioz9426 !

Thanks, we are already tracking this issue!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your attention!!!

1 Like

Please change the model of Arquebusier , Steppe_rider and Changdao

Hello, I’m a Chinese player of AOE3. I’ve played this game for 17 years and I like it very much. For some Chinese arms (Arquebusier, Changdao and Steppe rider), the appeerance is wrong and does not conform to history. I suggest that through simple modification, without adding new models, we can make Chinese arms more beautiful and more in line with history,Although it can be achieved through mod, I think I can see these changes when playing multiplayer games.

制作组您好,我是一个帝国时代3的中国玩家,这个游戏我玩了17年了,非常喜欢。针对中国的部分兵种(火绳枪兵,草原骑兵,长刀兵),外观存在错误,而且不符合历史,我建议通过简单修改,无需增加新的模型,就可以让中国兵种更美观,更符合历史。尽管可以通过mod实现,但是我想多人游戏的时候也能看到这些改变。

1.Arquebusier火绳枪兵

The hairstyle of the Arquebusier is wrong. The army of the Qing Dynasty would not have such a hairstyle, and it doesn’t look like a regular army. It is suggested to add a hat (keshik_hat_rank02) to him, which is more in line with history

火绳枪兵的发型是错误的,清朝的军队是不会有这样的发型的,而且看上去不像正规军,建议给他加上一个怯薛时代2的帽子,这样更符合历史

Arquebusier’s hat of era4/5 is wrong. I know you have referred to historical portraits, but the hat should have red lines. I modeled it (with Chukonu hat), but it still needs new modeling, so it can also be changed to the hat of (keshik_hat_rank02)

era4/5的Arquebusier的帽子是错误的,我知道你们参考了历史画像,但是那个帽子应该是有红色的线,我仿照做了一个(用了诸葛弩的帽子),但是这样还需要新的建模,因此可以同样改为怯薛时代2的帽子

1. Steppe rider

The hair style of the Steppe rider is wrong. He looks a bit like a monk and a bandit. He is not a regular army. It is suggested to add keshik_hat_rank03 to him. This is a Mongolian hat, which looks more beautiful with it.

草原骑兵的发型是错误的,他看上去有点像和尚和土匪,不是正规军,建议给他加上一个怯薛时代3的帽子,这是蒙古族的帽子,带上去看着更加美观。

3.Changdao

I have to say that the Changdao is most handsome one, but you have a model hidden. Please make full use of model resources -. I suggest enabling this model

不得不说,长刀兵是最帅的一个兵种了,但是你们有一个模型被隐藏了,可以参考这篇文章Please make full use of model resources - Age of Empires III: DE / III - Discussion - Age of Empires Forum,我建议把这个模型启用

As stated in this article, you should make full use of models. In order to prevent waste, I suggest applying models of changdao and Arquebusier in era 2. Through the reform of the new army, the appeerance will be automatically changed with the upgrade

正如这篇文章所述,您应该充分利用模型,为了防止浪费,我建议在时代2就套用长刀和火绳枪的模型,通过新军改革,后面随着升级,自动改变外观。

I really hope the production team can adopt my opinion. These changes will not take much time, but will bring a better experience. Please adopt, thank you!

真的希望制作组能采纳我的意见,这些改动花不了多少时间,但是会带了更棒的体验,请采纳,谢谢!

> Blockquote

1 Like