Civilization Conquest Mod

*Today, for unknown reasons, when I started to make changes on Abbasid Civilization, the MOD started to crash non-stop and I couldn’t fix it, even I found the reason and the game became crazy for no reason… Normally, when it gives a “Bad Data Mod Error” it shouldn’t affect the whole game software that the game is freezing or crashing when it starts; because the current project file is corrupted and the game it not letting me update the fixed project version. I had a previous version copy and I tried to upload/update the early version which from 2.1.1.3 version to 2.1.0.3 version; but the game didn’t let me do it and this game crashed still… Therefore, I removed the mod from the store, and I will create a fresh project file. At least I know when to get any what kind of crash with which steps :smiley: *

Tomorrow, I will start to remake the Conquest Mod with a new project file as more organized and conscious / aware.

I just wanted to let everyone knows about this problem.

AOE4 developers should make an option to upload the older back up versions too if anything happens…

I have managed to recover mod from older version which I stopped that crashing issue after I removed the mod from the store fully.

I started to add the new latest features from zero again, so it will take some time to launch the “Conquest Remastered”.

I have finished the Russian Civilization now.

I have finished English Civilization too now with extra buildings.

I have started to backup every single patch now :smiley:

1 Like

Excuse me Why can’t this gate be built on the corresponding wall
What did I miss?

However, it is normal to add walls and gates on the self-made map

You need to change the whole great wall x4 cloned files according to / similar to normal Chinese wall files; because there are many cut features in that Chinese Great Wall files; that’s why you cannot place it. It took lots of time to correct this issues to use Great Wall in your mod. To explain is hard, I need to give the whole cloned files of Great Wall; because you are changing or adding many subjects.

@Ashenone3DM , I still try to do Kiev Walls to be used in my mod, but no visuals appeared at all still. Did you try to apply Kiev Walls successfully? thank you.

I have finished Chinese, Abbasid Civilizations too now.

I will release the Conquest Remastered after I complete this bridge feature to every civilization fully. I back up everything now and doing more testing to prevent any kind of crash, errors, red box visuals error.

Note:

The other problem of the released mods in AOE4 is that sometimes the older files are remained in the file history so these corrupted file or red box errors etc are happening. I know that AOE4 Content Editor is still in Beta version; but it affects the modders a lot really. Sometimes, a feature or visual you add is working and another time it stops working for unknown reasons… For examples, tents visuals were working nicely; but now there are not working anymore, just because I tried to add hold_ext, combat_ext, outskirt visuals… and I even removed that modified files to create a new file from zero, the Content Editor still applies the old corrupted files :frowning: I hope that AOE4 Developers fix these as soon as possible really.

That is to say, it is only possible to replace the model with ordinary Chinese walls and gates?

Can you post pictures to see how you changed the city walls and gates of the campaign

I have finished French, Mongol, HRE, Abbasid, Chinese and English Civilizations now. Only Sultanate faction left to add the bridge feature to apply now.

1 Like

Tomorrow, I will post them for you.

@Ashenone3DM

I assume that you modified the Chinese Walls to be useable like normal Chinese Walls. After that, the most important parts are these while doing visual changes on the default visuals.

This is for Chinese Great Wall Changes - the most important parts:

This is for Chinese Great Gate Changes - the most important parts:

This is for Chinese Great Bastion Changes - the most important parts:

Just in case if the players wanted to use the normal Chinese Walls too, I had converted palisade walls into east stone versions too, so players still can build both walls at the same time.

I hope that these information will be useful for you.

Note:
You have to do the same changes on the campaign Great Wall files too which bastion there affected by the normal Chinese normal Bastion too; because some files are using the same parent files of the default version.

I have released the “Conquest Remastered” today, so you can download and play the mod again^^.

“Conquest Remastered” to Subscribe

1 Like

Thanks , brother
Has been successfully studied,Then we compared their widths,A little disappointed
means that more soldiers can’t stand on it
I haven’t found a setting that can increase the width of the wall yet
In short, thanks :saluting_face:

1 Like

The maximum width you can get with is the Chinese Great Wall. Yea, you cannot change only the size of the width and when you re-scale the whole model then the siege towers’ sizes and their troop drop heights need to be changed too which it is lots of work.

I re-released the my mod; because it had problem after I tried to add a new feature, so I have done many things from zero again from my back up file.

@Ashenone3DM I have add bridge future now to every civilization, so you can go across the oceans, seas and rivers yourself too :smiley: This Content Editor has lots of problems and bugs really, especially when you try to add another civilization visuals or models in another civilization and if it fails one time then the whole file becomes corrupted and even if you remove your cloned file - that corrupted file / red visual pre-cache error still stays… Another problem and the most problematic civilization is the Mongol Civilization. With the new AOE4 patch, except island maps, Mongol AI doesn’t build anything at all anymore…

In my opinion, AOE4 developers should give more importance to Content Editor to solve all of these current problems that we modders are waiting for months already… And I hope that we get new civilizations soon too. I have almost completed everything that can be added to the Conquest Mod now already.

Conquest Remastered - v0.0.0.2

Age of Empires IV - “Ottomans and Malians” Trailer

As a Turkish AOE4 modder myself, I will add Ottoman to my mod named “Conquest Remastered” and I will make Ottoman Civilization as the most cool civilization^^.

You can check my mod from AOE4 Forums: Civilization Conquest Mod - #3 by MomentoTR89 You can subscribe my mod from AOE4 here: Mods Single - Age of Empires

In this trailer I couldn’t like some of the models and buildings that it looks the Ottoman Empire more as Arabic…Ottomans are Turks whom came from Middle Asia. Ottomans were nomad at the beginning but we cannot see it in 1st Age at all.

I share some links for cool concepts but there are many, so I cannot link them all. You need to come Turkey - Türkiye to visit, see and experience^^.

https://www.aa.com.tr/uploads/userFiles/7fc6ad83-e801-4dd2-b1c1-974abd5a6af0/2019%2FKasim%2Fkurulus-1-.jpg

Topkapı Palace Museum Ottoman Arms And Armour Collection:

Rumeli Fortress:

GALATA TOWER:

I shared this video to show that Ottoman Empire can offer many unique weapons, models, buildings, ships etc. However, according to the AOE4 Ottoman Empire Trailer, we cannot see any of these… If it is necessary I can show really cool Ottoman buildings, Ottoman ships, Ottoman inventions and technologies etc too.

You can learn more about Ottomans from here and you can research yourself for more details too.

Ottoman Empire - WWI, Decline & Definition | HISTORY. Ottoman Empire | Facts, History, & Map | Britannica

I will make a great Ottoman Civilization when it releases^^.

1 Like

Delhi Sultanate can build bridges too now

Wooden Bridges can be destroyed by enemy and you can repair it with villagers

I have made some small testing that you can make some small gab between two wooden bridges and so ships can pass between them.

I have fixed some red box visual error on the Mongols.

For other civilizations, if you see “Pre-Cached red visual error box” when you build or recruit an unit, it is because you build or recruit that unit before the required Age. That is to say, if you try to recruit a 3rd Age Unit or building visual at 1st Age, or try to recruit a 4th Age Unit or building visual at 2nd Age. There are some limitations on Content Editor, so we experience such random bugs and all of these can be solved and fixed by the AOE4 Developers only.

For the next update, I am going to make a really nice Ottoman Empire Civilization in the Conquest Mod; because some of the visuals and features are not so good and accurate historically (even some of the Landmark features). For example, Mongol’s Hui Hui Pao siege unit from Mongol Campaign is better than Ottoman Great Cannon… I will make Ottoman Turkish Great Bombard and Ottoman Empire - Ottoman Civilization to its glory real historical power in AOE4^^.

1 Like

just wanna know what are your plans for the great bombards? make them larger? redesign them

1 Like

Comparing to Mongol Campaign Hui Hui Pao - Great Trebuchet, Ottoman Empire Great Bombard stats are not impressive really.

Great Bombard Changes at Conquest MOD:
I will increase its range and damage, splash aoe damage and its area, and lower the reload time.

Some History
1395 - Anadolu Fortress built by Bayezid I Ottoman Sultan also known as Bayezid the Thunderbolt

1452 - Rumeli Fortress by Mehmed II, commonly known as Mehmed the Conqueror

Rumeli_Hisarı'nda_gece

Mehmed II, commonly known as Mehmed the Conqueror, he built the “Rumeli Fortress” within 90 days (3 months) which he even participated the construction and the design of the fortress himself too that 1000 craftsman / artisan and 2000 worker had worked to complete it at 1492

#######################################################################################

The most important part here is how Ottomans blocked and controlled the straits with Anadolu and Rumeli Fortresses to shoot down the ships on the sea and even the further away ships.

There is a “History Channel Documentary” about “How Ottoman Cannons shoot the ships further away on the sea by bouncing the cannon ball” Shooting Ships via Bouncing the Cannonballs on the Sea . Sadly, for unknown reasons, I couldn’t find this documentary’s full English version on History Channel anymore.

If you want you can watch Netflix TV Series “Rise of Empires: Ottoman”.

Apart from these, I couldn’t like the Ottoman Archer visuals in the AOE4 which there should be light and chain armored archer units for the Ottomans. Even Sipahi Unit should have both horse, archer, and melee ground units; because there are many unique units in Ottoman Army.

Early-Medieval-Ottoman-Helmet-Middle-East-Turkish-16GA

And janissary unit should have more type as sword + shield, spear, archer versions too, in addition to the musket version.

Da vinci’s demons - Yüce Osmanlı İmparatorluğu - Ottoman empire - Fatih Sultan Mehmed

Da Vinci’s Demons - Osmanlı Savaş Sahnesi (Osmanlı’nın Gücü)

s-l500 (2)
s-l500 (1)
images
s-l500

There are many cool unique armors, weapons, siege engines, abus gun etc etc historically used in the Ottoman Empire. However, in the AOE4 Ottoman Empire, we hardly see any of these designs and visual models.

There are two new civilizations but I watched some Ottomans vs Malians 1 hour gameplay battles and Malians generally won at AOE4… AOE4 Developers made the Ottoman Empire underpowered and some of the landmarks and even some Vizier unique skills are not useful at all… I will try to fix the Ottoman Empire in a good way as much as possible.

Even AOE3 has Ottoman Abus Gun, Ottoman Mace etc weapons; but we cannot see any of these in AOE4 version of Ottoman at all.

Uploading: 15257455456_eacc9f8cc6_b.jpg…
Uploading: 29d97dec447d042a75d9ee3b91754d43.jpg…

220px-Istanbul.Topkapi068
220px-Istanbul.Topkapi068

There are many things can be shown for Ottoman Empire, that’s all for now. Just make your own research if you are interested with Turks, Turkish, Ottoman History^^.

This is the video for Ottoman Empire vs Great Britain (Anglo Turkish War 1807) where the Great Turkish Bombard built and used in 1453, and its upgraded version Dardanelles Gun (a super-sized bombard) built in 1464 to defend in Dardanelles. This Great Turkish Bombard cannon which built 354 years ago before 1807, it still had sunk a full size English war ships with one single hit as Dardanelle Ottoman Defense Battalion with its very long range and damage. That is to say, Great Turkish Bombard has a long range and very destructive damage/power. While English attacks from Dardanelles at 1807, Ottomans were fighting with Russian Army too and even Napoleon Army was around these same timelines at the same time to fight with Ottoman Empire. Ottoman Empire fought with many enemies at the same time with many front line for centuries non-stop. If you like history, you should read Turkish History from objective sources.

If you have any questions, please let me know, thank you.

1 Like

Conquest Remastered - v0.0.0.5

I have fixed Content Editor Errors after the new patch came today. I have added Ottoman files in the mod, I will soon start to do changes and changes in the following days. I will not give a date because I am busy in real life that I have started to do my master’s degree. But don’t be worried, I work on Ottoman Empire.

1 Like

@ahioz9426 friend do you have visuals for Ottoman Units in AOE4 too as 1st-2nd-3rd-4th appearances? something similar to pictures you had shared with me before which helped me a lot.