Continuing the discussion from THANK YOU, THANK YOU and THANK YOU:
As I mention before Thank you for all the hard work of all the creators of Mods, Scenarios, and Campaigns.
Below is a list of things I love about these Campaigns and other items I would like to see more often. (plus a few new ideas).
Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion based on the type of games I like (Big Battles, especially Defense Battles), and I bet more people like something different that they may want to share too…
• The pirates (small ships that “Convert” other ships like monks converting siege engines)
• Long Campaigns (6 or more chapters)
• Change loyalties (When your allies turn on you)
• Multitude of triggers
• Beautiful Maps
• Regenerating heroes and units, especially when the hero gets stronger the more experience it gets.
• The history base campaigns (Even if is only loosely based or alternative history)
• New units and/or new values on regular units.
• The storytelling on some of the most challenging fiction-based campaigns that include puzzles (these are not my favorite ones since required a better brain than mine and patience, but they are beautiful and enjoyable)
• Packing the TC and moving it (some campaigns had a great story and requirements with this one)
• Skippable secondary objectives (some campaigns had them where you have the option to start the main battle or get some resource or experience by doing side quests first)
These are some ideas, suggestions, and things I would like to see more of:
Larger Maps (the larger the better)
Ability to continue the battle after the main objectives are fulfilled. (We have some campaigns like these already, I just would like most of them to be like that)
Regenerating resources are great too
More innovative Units, maybe some of them can one day be in the regular game.
Mercenary Building? It would be nice if we can have a building like AOE3 where some mercenaries can be hired.
More Skippable options and/or more campaigns with alternative endings.
I have a dream of an “Empty Tower” with no defense capabilities unless you garrison any troops or siege engines… maybe with a 2 minimum range and plus 2 fire range with lower accuracy because it is not a dedicated defense tower.
More History based campaigns about little know civilizations or heroes.
There is a lot more that I want to share, but for the moment I just want to mention some of the campaign creators I have played (Is not a complete list, because I unsubscribed from some of the campaigns after I played them and I cannot remember all) and one more time THANK YOU.
Please search for their campaings and show them some love.