Could there be Age of Mythology 2 after AoE4? Microsoft is apparently planning to take care of their Age of Mythology games series

You have a point.
A good designed game flow does not rely on it, like we can see by Starcraft2.
Also you can shut them down if you like. There was always no nukes option in C&C.

Considering we are going to have AoE4, we should consider how Age of Mythology 2 suppose to stand out. In a way why would Microsoft after AoE4 put money in RTS.

That’s why I think AoM2 should be fun without all the extra stuff. But still I think we could there introduce very deep and complex mechanics, RTS needs to have.

1 Like

Maybe they should make a new ip.

aom arkantos’s story is finished.how they can make a sequel to story?a new story is risky.because people love arkantos and prob they don’t like new characters.
Also im afraid maybe they will copy paste aoe4 mechanics to aoe2.

Maybe a rts game in ww1 era,
Maybe a fantasy or sci-fi rts?like to warcraft/starcraft.sorry i love sci fi and i want more sci fi RTSs.

Uh,I realized probably no new rts for next 11-12 years.
Probably ms will milking game like to blizzard did it in sc2.

Age of Sci-fi, could be a good idea, but actual issue is there to find there the right formula, not new IP.

Irony is, more and more indie and smaller teams discover RTS, we will have this year quite a lot of titles: SpellForce 3: Fallen God, Iron Harvest, Stronghold: Warlords, Evil Genius 2: World Domination, The Settlers, Stellar Warfare.

Right.But a correction:
The Settlers publishing by Ubisoft
And developing by Blue Byte(recent:Anno 1800,For Honor)so it isn’t indie

There are still plenty of mythologies that would translate excellently to this game. They should introduce the Aztecs, Slavs, Japanese, Mesopotamians, and Indians to the series.

3 Likes

Age of Mythology Definitive Edition + Dlcs, in the style of age of empires II DE and III DE, it’s my bet.

1 Like

I suppose with a high degree of probability that we will have a DE edition, I hope new deities await us in it, I would really like to see Indians and Romans.

High chances, Relic probably won´t work on that one, Microsoft already have the relic engine.

Don’t think Microsoft has the Relic Engine. Just because they publish a game doesn’t mean they get the engine.
They might be able to licence it but than again they don’t have anyone who knows how to use it nor can they hire anyone who doesn’t work at relic.
So either they have to hire Relic again or use a different Engine.
They could also hire some one else like Creative Assembly like they did with Halo Wars 2.
Creative Assembly also did Total War Troy so they have some experience with that topic.

I bet and hope that there will be a new AoM if AoE4 is performing well. Most likely after 1-2 DLC’s releases.

World’Edge is probably developing AoM2 or definitive edition

2 Likes

Damn I would love to play AoM2 or AoM:DE !

1 Like

The answer might be simple. AoM2 will need 3-4 years to be made lets say? They can make an AoMDE to revive the francize, and after 2 years AoM2 may come. All these with the term that they will continue supporting all other AoE games. :slight_smile:

PS: Think positive, think positive…

2 Likes

Babylonian, Indian, Japanese, and Mesoamerican mythologies are so complex they could each form a full faction for sure and u still have to get rid of a lot of gods and creatures because they are too many to fit in a single faction. In fact I’m still surprised Babylonians were not in the original, being one of the oldest of the mythologies out there.
So even if they remaster the game to DE version or make a new game from scratch aka AOM2, my wish is to add this 4 factions since they are core mythologies for god Sake. No less complex nor less important then Greek and Norse mythologies.

1 Like

Let’s hope they have some plans for the AoM community down the line! Fingers crossed!

I predict AoM2 is next.

2 Likes

If they do AoM2 then I hope to see the following civilizations in the game:

1. Greek
  2. Norse
  3. Egypt

Then add these new civilizations as well:

1. Japanese
  2. Mayan
  3. Babylonian
  4. Roman (but afraid it would be similar to the Greeks in terms of Gods etc.)

Should do the game in 2D same aoe 2 de, and not in 3D, aoe 3 graphics lost worst than aoe 2 de graphics.

Aom deserve something better.

Yes, agree but AOM2 Is going to be developed by World’Edge. I wonder which engine they’ll use for this game. A new version of Bing engine? (Aoe3)

And i Hope they’ll include Romans. It was a Great miss for the First game.

1 Like

I think that an expansion for AoE IV will arrive first, then in theory AoM DE would have to arrive and then maybe AoM 2 will come out.
(That is just my opinion)

1 Like