Could there be Age of Mythology 2 after AoE4? Microsoft is apparently planning to take care of their Age of Mythology games series

I just hope that if they develop AoM2, the campaigns are as good, or maybe more, entertaining than the original. In my opinion AoM has the best campaigns in the franchise. Babylonian and japanese mythologies are great picks to expand the civilizations too.

Until the AoM DE and/or AoM II is out, I’ll be dreaming and waiting for it!
It’s my favorite game in during childhood.
I loooove :heart: AoM :heart:

I know right now the marketing focus is on AoE4 and they are announcing with real medieval scenes.
I hope in the future after the AoE4 release, they start talking about this AoM

The problem is that AoM II would require a certain investment, and they will hardly do that before testing the RTS waters with AoE IV, that is a more powerful and strong bet. If AoE IV is a commercial success, maybe (and only maybe) they would think about it

Until then, my bet is 100% on an Age of Mythology Definitive Edition to be announced next year, that will just be the Age of Mythology 20th anniversary. Age of Empires Definitive Edition was also announced in 2017, 20 years after its OG release, so I think all the pieces fit.

There is no reason not to make a definitive of Mythology, after all it is more popular than AoE3 was, which got its definitive. A properly done definitive AoM could even rival crappy AoE2DE

1 Like

I think there’d be enough commercial interest to warrant an Age of Mythology 2 game
 would draw a lot of non-Aoe players, just as the first one did.

The theming there was always very popular.

We can dream =P

Well, Definitive Editions were not about game popularity
 even Age of Empires (my favorite) got its own Definitive Edition when the game was literally abandonware, even if after a while, ironically, was also abandoned.

But yeah, Age of Mythology should definitely be receiving its own Definitive Edition soon. As I already said, I would expect announcement the next year for its 20th anniversary (once AoE IV has settled in the market) and release on late 2022 or even 2023.

And an even more hyping thing is that, if all of those fantastic RTS games keep being a success, there’s still this unlikely, hidden bomb awaiting somewhere in the shadows, too.

Long live RTS.

1 Like

My best case scenario - an AOM:DE and then a year later an AOM:II.

3 Likes

Would absolutely love it, but it’s pretty unlikely. Something big like AoM II would only happen after a hypothetical AoE IV success (to see if big RTS investments still pay off), so in the best possible scenario it would start development in late 2022 imo.

I’m sticking to that AoM Definitive Edition for now : )

1 Like

In AoM Canon Lemuria was an Atlantean colony that was destroyed by two giants/gigantes.

Your post makes me want to buy AOE:4 just on the off-chance it will lead to AOM2.

At this rate Microsoft should be slightly worried that a off brand RTS with age of elements and mythology comes along.

The mod of 0AD is at least a hint that stuff could be in the works for something.

Personally I think mythology 2 is a no brainer. Mythology did really well following AoE2 and I think regardless of aoe4s success an AoM2 would do well.

There’s so much mythology to explore story wise and the fact that they could write their own story intertwined with the myth stories is such a huge plus.

I’d be genuinely surprised if we don’t see myth 2 or myth de in a few years. And if we don’t then we will definately see another company attempt something similar.

5 Likes

I played Aoe4 today thanks to the stress test event, and I gotta say it’s very similar to Aom vanilla. The gameplay resembles the first release of Aom more than Aoe2 or Aoe3. Of course, Aoe4 is medieval, without god powers and pre-established settlements.

I think Aom2 should follow Aoe4 in terms of base gameplay. But in the mythology context and with god powers. It should be like returning to Aom vanilla except with improved quality of life and competitive oriented. However that’s just my first impression.

1 Like

Which mod is that? Never heard of it.

I’d love an AoM2 after AoE4.

After playing the betas I feel AoE4 is the child of both AoE2 and AoM more than anything else.

3 Likes

While I would really love for my favorite game, AOM to have a DE version, I am doubtful it will happen. I think the reason AOE1-3 DE was done, was to create hype and anticipation for AOE IV. Now that AOE 4 has been released, that motivation is no longer there.

so according the the statement of OPs article they already work on AoM cause AoE4 is out now.

If its a reboot or a second part we don’t know but we’ll hopefully see.

But i don’t understand why don’t see a DE in 2022. i mean DE could be a great thing between a new big AoM to hype ppl up for it like they did with AoE series.

And don’t forget 2022 is AoMs 20th b-day. I mean okay i know this doesn’t have to mean a lot since 10th b-day got ignored but i am certain there will be something. Maybe not a AoM2 yet ( :disappointed_relieved: ) but a DE is very likely.

1 Like

They’re going to spend a few years milking AOE4 customers and not put the investment into a new title.

So the next title to milk AOE2 and AoE4 customers might be AoM2.

Well, Relic also has to manage company of Heroes 3 in year 2022.
So we might see a new AoM very much later.

I actually think of something “bigger”, Creative Assembly/SEGA has access to Warhammer IP.
So why not have afterwards an RTS in fantasy settings too?

He mandado la siguiente info. a “MayorceteGaming”, “Pero eso es otra Historia” , “Universidad Age of Mythology” y “Age of Empires” (Muy interesante la colaboraciĂłn entre vosotros 4) ÂżQuĂ© os parece a “Age of Empires” y “Microsoft”?:

para conseguir ampliar y mejorar el “Age of Mythology”, su futura versión/es “Age of Mythology Definitive Edition” o un “Age of Mythology II”:
Hola, Creo aquĂ­ habrĂ­a mucho material interesante para “Age of Mythology Definitive Edition” o un “Age of Mythology II”
 un resumen de muchĂ­simas mitologĂ­as
 aunque falta mĂĄs de (interesante la serie “Gargoyles, hĂ©roes mitolĂłgicos” de 1994) África, OceanĂ­a/Pacifico, Oriente, Nativos Americanos del Norte, etc
 incluso una evoluciĂłn a mitos actuales e incluso urbanos
 o s. XIX, etc
 tipo Steampunk, Teslapunk, Ciberpunk, etc, etc
 y demĂĄs retro-futurismos utĂłpicos o distĂłpicos
 rollo ucronĂ­a para definir distintas edades de evoluciĂłn, influenciado por creencias populares, la literatura, cine/series, internet, etc
 no sĂ© si ya conocĂ­as el canal en YouTube “Pero eso es otra Historia” y sus videos sobre mitologĂ­as
 como su lista de reproducciĂłn, “Extra 03 - MitologĂ­a y Leyendas de la Historia del Mundo (serie documental)” ) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_dxNDksLciCAnRVR08pppk0njUcSBg2u (
 serĂ­a interesante que alguien les hiciese llegar con certeza esta informaciĂłn a los desarrolladores de videojuegos en Microsoft
 Un saludo y gracias.

P.D: En mi perfil de FilmAffinity, VictorAE87 ) Listas de VictorAE87 - FilmAffinity (; tengo varias listas completas, pendientes o en proceso sobre literatura y cine, mitologĂ­a y cine, diseño/creatividad y cine, documentales, retro-futurismos, etc
 a mayores las herramientas de la web, con sus marcadores/topics o temas, gĂ©neros, grupos y elenco, etc
 para agrupar y encontrar todo el material de documentaciĂłn que se quiera

Aparte de Joseph Campbell en su libro “El hĂ©roe de las mil caras”, no olvides “Las mĂĄscaras de Dios”, Libro de Joseph Campbell y su obra. Ni “MorfologĂ­a del cuento”, Libro de VladĂ­mir Propp. Ni “El deporte rey” y “El mono desnudo”, Libros de Desmond Morris&Ramona Baulch Morris y su obra. Ni “Armas, gĂ©rmenes y acero”, Libro de Jared Diamond y su obra.

A mayores ya mĂĄs como ampliaciĂłn, menos entretenida: Cualquiera de la obra de Noam Chomsky o de Byung-Chul Han, ademĂĄs de “EducaciĂłn para la ciudadanĂ­a” - Akal de Pedro FernĂĄndez Liria entre otros y el resto de libros relacionados
 o “Falsedad en tiempos de guerra” de Arthur Ponsonby y Yolanda Morató
 o tambiĂ©n “La muchedumbre: un estudio de la mente popular”, Libro de Gustave Le Bon y su obra, etc
 otros similares

Un saludo y gracias
 bonito sueño no crees

Modo Cultura Azteca completo
Aztec Culture Mod
Nephitho
Age Insider

The complete Aztec Triad
Hello Huitzilopochtli worshippers!

Los AZTECAS llegan a Age of Mythology!

28.378 visualizaciones
Fecha de estreno: 12 may 2021