Cow surround town center?

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• **BUILD #: 201.12.1840.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Cows surround towncenter when I task a villager to kill

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALL THE TIME)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Get a farm full of cows
  2. Task a couple of villagers to kill 1 or 2
  3. Watch them move

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

When villagers are tasked to kill, cows shouldn’t be moving.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

All cows move to town center.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

13 Likes

Here is a video showing more of the cow bug @.@ Please AOE Team fix that I love cows.

I’d like to add that Cows were working fine on the BETA as I’ve always used them

4 Likes

does this happen to specific civilizations? or everyone?
what about livestock pen, chinese village and sacred grooves? does it work fine for them?

ah yes the cowhacks are back

Upon playing more, it seems to happen with all herdable animals. I haven’t tried with any other civ but haudenosaunee and inca. The same problem happens though.

2 Likes

Me too. Once I kill a sheep, all of them will leave corral and surround town center including lean ones. It’s hard to pick and drive back immature animals among them.

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed this as well when testing out the infinite 7 sheep + homestead wagon.

Sheep in AoE2 behave that way. In AoE2 it makes sense, because:
a) sheep don’t fatten
and
b) your villagers have to drop off the food at the tc or a mill.

In AoE3 it not only is not useful but harmful, because:
c) you do not need to drop resources off at a building, so you place your sheep where you want them to reduce villager-walking time.
And
d) unfattened sheep walk away from their fattening building, creating a worse situation for you.

So I’d like to have the ported “sheep-ai” removed. Just let us control where we want our sheep.

2 Likes

Just Got a thought, Maybe they did that thing where your fat cows would go to TC but it then sends unfat cows too. Why don’t just let us have a Rally marker on the Livestock to set a point on where we want to set Fat cows? That would be helpful instead of them going to TC or just going around Livestock when they’re full. By having a rally point of When they get Fat would work wonders. It currently has 1 rally point but only to set to where they go when unfat

5 Likes

Just bumping this, it still occurs.

3 Likes

Another Bump, cause it still occurs

Confirmed, this happened to me when playing as the British on Amazonia to my sheep and cows.

AOE team I understand that you guys are focused on performance, however bugs like this are annoying to see whenever you are playing a match.

1 Like

• BUILD #: 201.12.1840.0
  • PLATFORM: Steam

In the mission “Help from a pirate” I can’t kill the sheep. When I give the order to a villager to kill them, they move from one point to another. When they stand still, the villager does too. Try as I might, this repeats itself. It’s a minor bug but it has happened to me twice already.

1. Order a villager to kill the sheep.

4 Likes

on multiplayer happens the same but the sheeps or the cows go to the town when the villagers will kill them, just when the cows arrives to the town you can get the meet i lost a lot of time!!!

3 Likes

It just happened to me today in multiplayer! It is too annoying!!

I experienced this same bug in skirmish mode. My cows felt the need to walk all the way to the TC before I could harvest them. Even then right clicking on them with vills didn’t always work.

1 Like

I have the same bug. Sheep tend to move between livestock pen & TC. Right clicking the sheep has to be done multiple times for sheep to be harvested for food.

The Cows and Sheep are going to the urban center. When you try to collect an animal, all the animals end up going to the urban center. The ones that are full and empty of food. In the classic Age of Empires III, when animals are euthanized, everyone stands in the same spot, in the corral. It is insurpotable to collect animals.

3 Likes

Needs to be fixed, right now it is impossible to play Brits, China and Iroquois well in treaty.

3 Likes

• BUILD #: ######
  • PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

This is an odd one… Playing as the British using the livestock boom strategy. Whenever I send a villager to begin gathering from cows, the villager approaches the cow, and then all of the cows - fattened or unfattened - run to the town center.

Once I actually manage to get a villager gathering, this issue does not persist unless the villagers run out of fattened cows to gather. If they have to start over, the same thing happens - cows run away to the town center. Very frustrating.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)
  • 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)
  • 50% of the time / matches I play (FREQUENTLY)
  • 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

2 Likes