Custom Campaigns not being removed from Game Cache/Memory

Game Version:

• Build: 27374
  • Platform: Microsoft Store
  • Operating System: Windows 10
  • Gamertag: replaceme

Issue:

When I play a campaign all the way through, I delete it out of the folder. Months later when I want to replay these campaigns, I put them back in the folder and load up the game. When I go into Custom Campaigns, it shows that they have already been completed. I figured it would start from the beginning map like I have never played it before.

Reproduction Steps:

Here’s how to reproduce the problem:

1. (List the steps we can take to reproduce the bug ourselves…)

ATTACHMENTS:

:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)
:heavy_check_mark: (BONUS: ATTACH A VIDEO OF THE PROBLEM HAPPENING)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH YOUR DXDIAG IF YOU ARE ENCOUNTERING A TECHNICAL ISSUE)
:heavy_check_mark: (ATTACH ANY CRASH/GAME LOGS [IF RELEVANT])

1 Like
  1. This is famous problem
  2. You have old game version (27374). Current version is 38862
1 Like
  • Cache won’t just get deleted because of file removal. The game stores information somewhere else (don’t know really where). Personally, after reading your topic, I don’t think of it as an issue, since you’re not exactly deleting the memory cache, but the scenario/campaign files only.

• If you are using Microsoft Store version, and have build 27374, open this link.

Cheers, and I hope you have a better year.

I started to wonder about that. Thanks

Currently downloading newest version hopefully. Thanks

I’ve played tons of older maps in DE. When I remove them and want to play later, it doesn’t start all over. Progress from previous time of playing is still there. How can I clear the data from these maps in order to start fresh.

1 Like

You mean, not being able to start scenarios from scratch, after doing saves? Like this?

not like that. Let me see if I can explain better.
When I play a campaign all the way through, I delete it out of the folder. Months later when I want to replay these campaigns, I put them back in the folder and load up the game. When I go into Custom Campaigns, it shows that they have already been completed. I figured it would start from the beginning map like I have never played it before.

It seems to be a new issue. Thanks for reporting it :slightly_smiling_face:

Ok, thanks. We will see if anyone else has same issue.

1 Like