DE is a complete joke regarding teamgames

“I’m hurting myself.” Exactly my point. It is a completely selfish and self-centered consideration which does not take into account the experiences of anyone beyond the self. You should consider your other arguments; none of them, not a single one, considers the perspectives of other people. They are absolutely self-centered, and frankly, in a multiplayer game (per definition a non-individual experience), such arguments are never going to carry much weight.
Do note that I am not even disagreeing with you, by the way, on the point that there shouldn’t be more map bans. I would be perfectly fine with sacrificing a bit of queue speed to have 2 bans, so I can ban Arena and Islands. The difference between us is that, in the meantime, I’m not making the game worse for everyone else but me by alt-f4ing.

And I’m sorry, if you feel that playing with randoms isn’t providing you with the experience you want, then find a team or get some friends and play ranked games together. Alt-f4ing is not the solution, it’s only making things worse for everyone.

Nor is it comparable to the other ‘issues’ you mentioned. Not speaking English is not something people ‘choose’ to do, nor is ‘not performing well’ (the vast majority want to do their best, even if it sometimes doesn’t always work out). Not all people like to pick civs ‘you feel are good’ (which is just your opinion, too). But you know what is a real choice (and a bad one)? To press alt+f4 and sentence everyone else to a bad time simply because you felt like you were being wronged by not getting that perfectly-tailored experience you demand in which you can play all the maps you want and only those maps, with only team members who live up to your standards.

If that is not being selfish and self-centered, I don’t know what is. I’m sorry I’m being so frank about this, but all the oblivious self-justifications for alt-f4 hit a nerve.