DE keeps crashing

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.45340.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

Game crashes after about 15-20 min of gameplay.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a game until it crashes.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

Game doesn’t crash

:arrow_forward: SYSTEM SPECS

Intel Pentium G4400 3.3Ghz

nVidia GTX 1050 Ti

8gb Ram

1TB SSD

:arrow_forward: MORE DETAILS

My sister recently picked up DE on Steam and we’ve been trying to play together but her game always crashes about 15-20 min into the game. Doesn’t matter if it’s single player or multiplayer. From what I’ve read it seems like a memory leak issue but nothing I’ve tried seems to work.

I’ve tried adjusting the virtual memory, uninstall/reinstall, running ISLC, and running from local files instead of steam. None of it seemed to help. I was able to borrow 8gb of ram from another computer to see if that was the issue and the game did run until 30 min which is the longest game so far but it still crashed. The issue doesn’t appear to be affected by the hotfixes that came out recently.

The only thing I could think of that might be an issue is the CPU because aside from that part, my sister’s computer is better than mine and I have no issues running it even with multiple programs running in the background. From what I understand though her CPU meets the minimum requirement. If anyone knows how to help at all I would much appreciate it.

2 Likes

you saying her computer is better than yours? the spec you listed, who it belongs to?

whats the full spec of your PC and whats hers?

Those are her specs. I didn’t think to post my specs as my computer has no issues and this is a problem that happens for her in single player. Here are my specs:

Intel Core i3-7100 3.9Ghz
nVidia GTX 1050
16gb ram
512GB SSD

Hello, fellow victim

the most helpful thing you can do is reach out to our support team so they can work with you one-on-one:

https://support.ageofempires.com/hc/requests/new

Please do your best to provide the following details to them:

In the meantime, the team is looking at the information they have to determine whether there is a common cause amongst everyone: be it antivirus disruptions, game file issues, or hardware/driver issues that interfering with the launch of the game.

You may find a shadowbanned post with 19 days worth complaining if you know how to look for it…

1 Like

looks like she’d need more ram. maybe try creating virtual disk ram and increase it’s size. or just add in another 8GB of ram if its possible.

8 gigabytes of RAM is plenty, I don’t even have a dedicated GPU and the game still runs fine with 8 GB.

1 Like

plenty for windows not for the game + windows rofl

I am talking about the game.

exactly, I am talking about the game. when theres not enough memory it auto close or crash.

I also play with 8 GB Ram and have firefox, lol client and so much more open. It works perfectly, saying 8 GB Ram isnt enough is just BS

3 Likes

thats just depends on your background software and game settings.

saying 8gb is enough when each person’s computer is different is just BS

Read OP, he increased RAM to 16 GB with no change, 8 GB is plenty to run this game pre-January patch perfectly fine on maximum settings without a bunch of stuff in the background(More than just windows) using it up too

1 Like

read OP, hes talking about his gf and his computer spec

The only thing that stops the crashes for people getting them since January patch is to disable one or more CPU cores, not add RAM

read it properly, read the replies, read it again!

Official minimum requirements for the game are 4GB, so people saying 8GB is not enough just want to blame someone else, instead of those who made errors with last few patches. 8GB is more than enough to run the game, and problem is not in RAM, but something in game that makes PC/Game crash for so many people. People with latest PC, processors, graphic cards, they still have issues. Many streamers with great PC-s are experiencing crashes every day and are not streaming that much lately because of those issues.

It is always easier to blame others, tell them to buy better PC, instead of focusing and removing errors and making game more fluid. It is hard to trust someone who makes a patch with errors, then makes a hotfix to remove those errors and then new errors and bug comes out with that latest hotfix.

Having a 90% GPU/CPU usage in Main Menu with Ryzen 5 2600X, and Nvidia 1080TI with 16GB RAM, latest version of Windows 10, latest drivers, no antivirus, that is not a PC problem, it is a game problem.

Let us be realistic, try andfocus on removing those errors, improving the game, and stop blaming people who bought the game and played it with no errors and crashes only a month ago, and now someone is trying to make them believe problem is their PC.

9 Likes

I love you writing bro.

I feel what you’re saying.

Have a heartfelt like

1 Like

I feel like this is beating a dead horse but you are talking about something different than I am, in the original post it includes the specs for the computer having the issue, it has 8GB of RAM, he put another 8GB of RAM into it to see if that was the issue - making it 16GB of RAM, with no effect on crashes

This has absolutely nothing to do with the specs of the machine he posted in the reply that the game is working on having 16GB of RAM, please read the very first post again

I have run this on a computer with 6GB of RAM and windows 10 with no issue, the crashes are not from memory being capped, they are from CPU model afaik, the game will run without crashes on a junk laptop I have that doesn’t even meet minimum system requirements and crash on a PC that exceeds all minimum system requirements by a massive amount

1 Like

u took the words right out of my mouth fam

Hey guys…

I don’t if you’ve been keeping count but this problems is 21 days old.

I really want to play any time soon :frowning:

2 Likes