Dear Xbox Game Studios Team Members

I’m a big fan of Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition game and I would like to share an idea with you about what units look like in different civilizations. While the game offers a wide variety of units for each civilization, I’ve noticed that many of them look the same regardless of their cultural background.

In particular, Japanese civilization seems to have units that do not accurately reflect its culture.I would suggest that you consider an update to unit appearances to more accurately reflect each civilization’s styles and cultures. This would make the game more immersive and authentic.

For example, instead of having the same European units for Japanese civilization, it would be great to see units that are more distinctly Japanese. This can include samurai, ninjas, archers and other units that are more representative of Japanese culture.

I understand that this change may require significant effort, but I’m sure it would be worth it to improve the players’ experience and make the game even more authentic. Also, I believe many fans would be happy to see their cultures more accurately represented.

Thank you for your time and I hope you consider my suggestion.

Yours sincerely,

Guilherme marques elias

3 Likes

Is this an idea for aoe1 ?
Aoe2?
Or the aoe1 add-on into aoe2 ?

3 Likes

@Gui11263, I agree.

Sharing Sharing Creative Ideas and User Experience so that people who view that post will see the link to demonstrate why it was locked (in favour of this one).

1 Like

@DrMaxy4142, the AoE 1 add-on for AoE 2? What do you refer to? Age of Rome?

1 Like

You’re mentioning AoE 2 DE while you posted in the sub-forum for AoE 1 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Gui11263, you might be interested to take a look at this thread:

2 Likes