DirectX Problem

When I try to start the game, there is a sign saying that my computer is not compatible with DirectX 11. But I have DirectX 12 installed …
I want to play this game!!!

1 Like

I have the same problem. I have directx12 but when i start the game, it doesnt run and appears a sign saying that T.T

The exact text is: “failed GPU startup.” Intel® HD Graphics GPU with vendor id 32902 and device ID 258 is not DirectX 11 compliant.
Can anyone help me??? T_T

1 Like

What is your Gpu?
You must have win 10.

Open ‘Control Panel’ and click on ‘Programs’. Click on ‘Turn Windows features on or off’. Unfold ‘Legacy Components’ and tick ‘DirectPlay’. Now click on OK and after that reboot your computer. Now try to launch AOE II DE again.

@PCS70 I already had this configuration. Also Windows 10

1 Like

Same question to both.
Do you also run the Windows 1903 version?
Which CPU is installed in your system?

I also already have this configuration. I have win 10, intel core i3, intel hd graphics and i dont know what to do

The developers exactly need to know which type of Intel i3 CPU is installed, but they will receive crash reports of course.

Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 370 @ 2.40GHz
Windows 10 64 bits
Intel® HD Graphics

Intel® Core™ i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GHz

Your CPU is from Q2 2010 and really low end. I’m sorry to disappoint you but your system is below minimum requirements imho. I don’t expect that they can fix this in a newer build.

Yeah too old :-1:
Thanks for your time :+1:

1 Like

Yours is also below minimal required specifications (embedded HD2000), but if it’s a desktop you still could buy a cheap second hand GPU for your system to solve that problem. Personally I think HD3000 is below minimal specifications already.

Never too old to play certain games. I wish you all the best and a nice new system in the near future.

1 Like

Okay, thank you for everything!

1 Like

You are always welcome here.

I already had this configuration, win 10, Intel i5-2540M CPU 2.60GHz, a Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 2GB of VRAM, and DirectX 12 and stay the same, and I don’t know what to do to fix this

Are we talking about Steam or MS Store version?

I have the Steam Version