Disappointment

is it true? lol why am I even bothering here then :smile:

yeah, it’s true…

1 Like

Which again, would speak all sorts of languages and dialects… most certainly not some form of modern, standardized arabic.

yeah, but if choosing only one - Arabic would be the best choice for the civ, like for Byzantium - Greek, for the HRE - German, etc.

1 Like

I agree the Abbasids were located in Baghdad but they were an arabic civ and arabic was the official language, in fact the Abbasids are the reason why arabic was regarded as a scientific language.

1 Like

if you didnt like us we dont care … we all here love age of empires so i just want to talk about my civilization … i dont care what you think about us …

yes thats what you think ?? Our method of construction is different from yours is that makes us wrong in your view?

Islamised≠Arabised

Persians we’re the backbone of the Abbasid Reveloution so it would be nice if only some military units speak Farsi .

No bro, because it is like making more than 90% of the units speaking Persian while it should be the other way around , if they want to add both Persian and Arabic language then the majority of units should speak Arabic.
Yes the Persian helped the Abbasids in their revolution against Umayyads, but the majority of Abbasids military troops were Arabs.

Edit: since you edited your post and said some of the
military units may speak Farsi then this is acceptable, but the majority should speak Arabic.

1 Like

Pretty sure that would be corrected in the final release .

I am pretty sure that this is accurate and won’t change and it was missing in the beginning, but after the big amount of complaints it was added.

A lot of people in AoE3 subforum don’t get this .

1 Like

Unfortunately there’s no helping AoE community with this. Every time a new DLC is announced they are already spamming their wishlists for potential future DLC’s.

Both AoE2 and 3 are basically platforms for “I want/We need/This game is not historical enough without my country…” crap, when the game is growing more and more unbalanced in the process and making any small change becomes a giant gamble.

Creating more interesting asymmetrical (but fewer) civs would put those people away, because quantity > quality.

1 Like

When and where have they said that? Afaik, they didn’t confirm this.

1 Like

At 12:15

1 Like

As stated by a few people, this isn’t an oversight on the dev’s part.
Arrow slits took many shapes but they all were primarily focused on functionality. Its about giving an archer/crossbowman a safe slit to fire from while also giving them enough line of sight.

The cross shape is purely coincidental because form follows function.
Christians naturally associated the cross with religious iconography but that only came AFTER the cross slit design existed.

1 Like

Those are arrow slits.

What’s with the delusions of persecution some people seem to have here?

4 Likes

Yes, having a christian cross in non-christian civilisation styling is very akward and weird.

It would be a good idea to fix it.

Perhaps it would also be an idea to replace Delhi Sultanate with a Hindu version of India?
To be honest, I believe that the creators made a big mistake which will not be appreciated in India, costing them a lot of potential sales in the huge Indian market.

1 Like

It was an Islamic state that ruled a Hindu majority, the architecture would have been a mix of Hindu and Islamic architecture. In fact, it would be wrong to say Islamic architecture because if you see buildings from that era, the DS had its own unique style different from the Arabs.

It’s not literally a cross, it’s an arrow slit. The reason the shape is like that is to be able to hold a crossbow at the gap but also a standard bow. This was adopted over the standard vertical line when crossbows were becoming more efficient and reliable.

Here are some pictures of them. It may seem odd because it looks sorta like the Christian symbol, but it’s just a defense mechanism.

download (7)

3 Likes

MSneaky2000

I don’t think that people dislike you or dislike muslims in general in this thread. Don’t feel so defensive. This is a discussion and peoples with different opinions take part in it.

You presented a solid point : The Baghdad caliphate had arabic as main language, not persian.

If the game launch with the Persian as the main language of the caliphate, it will be a mistake and I hope that not too far down the road, the correction will be made.

In the time being, my only hope is that the game is fun to play. I believe it will as I already had a few hours of fun playing during the stress test. I played mostly brits (out of laziness, they are easy to learn), but I also played a game with HCR and another one with the caliphate. I think that with two muslim civs in AOE4, this is a good start considering the importance of the muslim world during those medieval times.

So, be happy playing your favorite civ and have fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im confused about this point as all the voice lines in game were arabic?