Disconnect after few minutes playing multiplayer (Problem persists after update)

Hi everyone. I was just able to complete our first multiplayer game since launch (we tried about 15 times with failure every time). Here is what I did:

I have an Intel 1219-V NIC. I went to device manager, right-clicked, and updated the driver. I did that on both computers on our LAN. After that, our three player multiplayer game played about 1.5 hours to completion. Not sure if this will work with anyone else but it did for us.

Any error message text (if any):

• “You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”

What Network Hardware are you using?

• Wi-fi : Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Wireless Adapter
  • Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller
    (the error occurs in any connection, wi-fi or network cable)

What ISP do you use?

• NET Claro, Brazil

In what region are you connecting to the game?

• Brazil, Pernambuco, Recife

Are you using a VPN?

• No VPN
  • Connected to a VPN, (Express VPN) no error occurs

Any other information about your networking that might help the team…

• Updated network drivers
  • 240M internet
  • When i use Cellphone 4g, works but is not a stable and good conection at all

bump.

Plz do not die thread. 35 days now and still can’t play this game.

3 Likes

I also have this problem, please look into it.
All other games I have work perfectly online with low ping. I have a 500/500 mbps line.

• “You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”

• Ethernet: Killer™ E2400

What ISP do you use?

• Altibox, Norway

• Drammen, Norway

Are you using a VPN?

• No VPN

• Updated network drivers
  • Updated Windows
  • 500/500 mpbs
  • Verified integrity of game files
  • IP and DNS set to resolve automatically

Thanks!
Henrik

My other post here, it contains the “additional information” requested: AoE2:DE Kills Network Adaptor

• Any error message text (if any).
    You have been disconnected from network. Check your connection and try again.
  • What Network Hardware are you using?
  • What ISP do you use?
    Comcast/Xfinity
  • In what region are you connecting to the game?
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
  • Are you using a VPN?
    No
  • Any other information about your networking that might help the team…
    See link above to obtain additional information.

Played 4 games, the 2 last games I still got random dc. When I am in lobby the game has to reconnect to Xbox Live MP.

Out of 64 games I got 19 drops.

Me too!! I need help!! I want finish one game!! Help me please!!!

Did anyone respond to you with a solution?

Nope.

Devs are in vacation. can’t even stick with a team keeping the players updated and fixing glitch.

This issue is currently being tracked – We’re investigating potential causes and are trying to identify precisely what the issue is, we’re sorry for the inconvenience and trouble this problem is causing.

10 Likes

I don’t know what happened but since yesterday when I decided to test the game in my notebook to check if the problem was in the network/isp or in the device, the game has ran perfectly. Then I’ve turned on my computer again and updated my network adapter which is made by Intel. There was a driver update available and, from now on, I’m playing without problems for 2 days in a row! Crazy uh? But its working!! Hugs.

1 Like

Thanks for the update on the issue! People just want a little feedback that this issue is still beeing tracked

I hope you are attleast enjoying a little christmas time Cheese!

I have 2 request I think could make your job easier - And help people come into this exact thread and post their information. The visibility of this thread is not very “easy” to find.

I wanted to recommend that this forum thread is pinned in the bug forum to -> "[Known Issue:]"

I also wanted to recommend to get this issue listed here on the official issue site with a link to this forum thread so they can post their information to you -> page: https://www.ageofempires.com/support/aoe2/aoe2-issues/

2 Likes

Too soon to judge I guess…

Glad to hear it, personally I’m getting lots of crashes and stuttering since the hotfix, the December update was a huge performance increase for me

1 Like

So its cool that at least you took notice of the existence of that huge issue, that makes big parts of the bought product pretty much unusable. I can not understand why this is not listed on known bugs anywhere though, it just feels frustrating if you browse the internet for help and it seems like you are not even aware of the Issue. Also wouldn’t it already help a lot if you would just add like a 30 seconds Disconnect screen before actually kicking someone, as many people report not to have lasting internet issues, not even detectable in parallel running voice chat for example? If so, how can it take you so long to implement that dc screen, I mean one and a half month since launch and ladder still unplayable by some random bug? I am sorry about the negativity in the comment, but I am really starting to feel some regrets for buying the game by now. I hope you fix it fast.

2 Likes

I want to have my ranking reset!

1 Like

Major parts of the game are not working right now for many users. Actually the whole Multiplayer part of the game is being affected by this bug.

This should get a mutch higher priority than it has right now. People will give up on AoE2:DE very soon I guess. Mulitplayer is everything people enjoy.

2 Likes

The above mentioned drop outs happen in every game now. This is seriously hurting the MP-community and damaging the game. Since the last update I cant even play one game. People drop out between 4:30 und 5:00. Game is out sine November. This kind of problems should be fixed in Beta! It is the 21th century guys! Other games play with 200 ppl connected! We cant even play 1v1 for 5 Minutes!

“You have been disconnected from the network. Please check your connection and try again”

Wi-fi : Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

What ISP do you use?

O2 DSL

Germany

Are you using a VPN?

No 

Tried rework drivers and [this](https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Ethernet-wired-connection-keeps-disconnecting/m-p/6218797#M41064)
2 Likes

Ao brasileiros que usam NET/CLARO e estão com este problema.
Vamos tentar nos ajudar.

Eu tinha um modem da NET que não lembro a marca, velocidade 35MB, eu não tinha esse problema.
Eu então troquei a velocidade para 240MB e tiveram que trocar o modem, a marca dele agora é um HUMAX.

Qual a marca do modem da NET/CLARO que vocês tem que estão causando este problema?

Pode ser alguma configuração no modem, pois se no meu outro modem funcionava normal, e ao trocar começou a dar este problema.

Outra informação importante, levei meu notebook para outro local, e usei outra operadora, Oi Fibra. O problema de desconectar não ocorreu, portanto acredito ser problema em certos modems.

To Brazilians who use NET / CLARO ISP and have this problem.
Let’s try to help each other.

I had a modem from NET ISP, do not remember the brand, 35MB speed, I did not have that problem.
I then changed the speed to 240MB and had to change the modem, his brand is now a HUMAX.

What brand modem of NET / CLARO ISP do you have that is causing this problem?

It may be some configuration on the modem, because if on my other modem worked normal, and switching began to give this problem.

Other important information, I took my notebook to another location, and used another carrier, Oi Fiber ISP. The disconnect problem did not occur, so I believe it is a problem with certain modems from ISP.

1 Like

Few interesting elements for you, devs:

-It looks like the problem is not related to hardware but to the modem/router and ISP. In fact, lots of people say that the DC are not observed when playing on another internet connection, like at a friend’s place or so. (like me).

-Looks like AOE 2 DE resets the connection of people when this bug occurs (see --> internet connection, statut, connection time… it is reset when a DC occur)

When a DC occur, people shouldn’t be kicked out of the game in a second, they should have a few sec to reconnection, even if it’s a bit annoying for the game.

4 Likes

@HeftyTeacher972 I’m having the same issue and I also use the same modem and ISP, if you ever figure it out, please let me know!

1 Like