[DLC concept] The Wealth of India (Bengalis & Tamils)

Of course the Inuit existed back then, but it’s actually not clear whether they are the ones who encountered the Vikings, because there were other peoples living in the Arctic in that period.

But more importantly, we know next to nothing about how the Inuit lived during the AoE2 timeline, and the little we do know is that they didn’t use wood or stone building, let alone many of the other basic things in the traditional AoE2 tech tree, which is why it is ridiculous that you would be placing them in the list.

Also if your explanation for why devs added a civ is “they wanted to add them” or “they found them interesting”, has it occurred to you that you’re not really adding anything to the conversation?

2 Likes

Guys, I earnestly request y’all to make peace and invite you to share your ideas on how the tech trees of the new civs might look like, even how the campaign should be designed (related history links will be helpful too). The definitive edition scenario editor is a powerful tool and can create infinite number of different possibilities (civs, units, techs etc.) without much external modding.

It would really help me to design the suggested civs and campaigns. TIA

6 Likes

That’s totally broken and you jacked like 3 civs of there bonuses

2 Likes

I’d say the Polish/Bohemian addition is more an attempt at a cash grab. I get that the Burgundian addition (both civ and campaign) is based on nostalgia but I’m not sure that’s necessarily tied to a cash grab.

1 Like

How about this:

Archer and Siege Civilization

• Archer-line upgrades are free
  • University, Monastery cost 75 less wood
  • Castles are created 20% faster
  • All ships have +10% hitpoints
1 Like

i think you are trying to be offensive to the people who wants indian civ… as such I would like to suggest everyone to ignore his comments… this is not discussion if you are not respectful… and we are not obliged to listen to your opinions…

devs will decide what fans want , and im pretty sure we will get indian civs and more than 1… And hopefully your barking will not change that

1 Like

Isnt this the portuguese building?

I think we already have these for other civis.

2 Likes

I’ve read about India - from books, wiki, even youtube documentaries - and i will not do it again. Is India interesting? To me not, to many yes… I wouldn’t have commented if there werent numerous duplicite threads about India - but right now - i don’t see new Indian civs coming. We shall see what’s going to happen, but my deep fears would be that very very few of the playerbase would enjoy playing them, especially their campaigns.

That’s all from me.

Yes, mixing and matching other civilization bonuses to create the new one.

So no one completed the ingame indian campaign :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

The point of new civs is to be new tho

3 Likes

All bonuses have to be unique, thats the first rule of designing a civ

1 Like

Okay, I’ll come up with unique bonuses that can be implemented via scenario editor. Thanks for the corrections.

2 Likes

Prithviraz 4 (The Fate of India) scares me

Easy even to win on hard by destroying all enemies, with the final monastery keeping as the last enemy building/unit to destroy:)

Kotyan 2 and Pachacuti 2, Hauteviles 4, Le Loi 1, 2, Bari 5 are much worse…

And Dracula 4 and Edward 2 are outright impossible to do with the same manner;)

Well I’m sorry about that. You should ask to speak to the manager of Indian history, maybe you can get a refund for all your lost time.

5 Likes

Kotyan Khan 2 is a nightmare to achieve total victory. I couldn’t defeat the Mongols even after using some resource cheats !
Oh and for Hautevilles 4 , I afk the whole scenario back when no victory condition existed so I never really played the scenario 11

Think of stuff like which blacksmith lines remain to give for free or uni or monastery techs that would fit the civi.

I would give the cavalry armor upgrades for free as mercs would bring own equipment.

Pachacuti 2 is much worse if you want the wonder to be built and refrain from converting both building vills… It’s so bad especially thanks to the Ancu’s huge unit and jaguar spam (but i still managed with a few years left before wonder victory)…

Regarding Kotyan i managed to completely obliterate the mongols and keep cuman tribes+gallicia alive.

The keys are following:

1. slow speed and save/load (obviously, at least for the first try)
  2. immediately go for sheep to save wood, and booooom until about 80 villagers
  3. defeat tatars (i mean, kill all vills and destroy both town centers) before they can even reach castle age (jabaiting their forces and fighting on hills, then destryoing the first town cetner, killing the gold miners, and finally camping at their berry bushes with kipchaks/cav archers, as well as killing lumberjacks with light cav and hunting wolf
  4. build your first castle at the central/northern crossing, so that it protects cuman tribes - they will defend the castle nicely!
  5. build 2 more castles on the hill right below that crossing, so you can protect your back, and wall off gallicia’s gate so that they wouldn’t trigger mongols(5) to attack and destroy them
  6. keep about 10-15 knights and steppe lancers to pick off enemy rams (herbal medicine is very useful to heal them)
  7. you can buy some castles to reate a “string” of castles from the western forest through to the first castle
  8. start deleting vills when you are ready until about 50 are left, then attack with about 6-8 rams, 7-8 monks (VERY IMPORTANT!!), a lot of skirms, kipchaks, knights and steppe lancers (some camels might be useful as well)
  9. proceed from the middle/northern crossing, destroy everything except from the castle (there are 2 siege workshops), bring 2-3 vills to build more buildings and repair rams, and buy another castle to pick off enemy forces (mangudai and units form kiev) nearby.
  10. go through enemy camps and kill all mongol units (player 5) and buildings, except for the wonder (subotai’s tent), and destroy the blacksmith
  11. proceed south where there is 2nd castle and third siege workshop, then attack south where is the final castle. of course, keep the castles still standing and build your castles in proximity to pick off mangudai.
  12. go back north and attack kiev and kill remainder of mongols (player 5), after they are dead, you are free to destroy the castles and subotai’s tent (each castle/wonder you destroy, gives player 5 extra 20 hitpoints and +1/+1 armor, so that’s why you should not destroy them at first)
  13. if you ran out of gold at any time, you can simly trade with gallicia!
  14. finish off the tatars after you’ve done clearing the mongols → bear in mind though that only subotai (player 6) gets defeated after losing all units and buildings, mongols (5 and 7) stay “alive”
  15. congratulations! you’ve done it as well!
1 Like

Second Draft for the Bengals Civilization:

Archer Civilization

• Pallisade walls and pallisade gates are built 50% faster.
    (Sultans of Bengals built temporary mud walled forts)
  • Archery range units move 15% faster
    (Know the landscape well in a riverine country, better navigation)
  • Cavalry armor upgrades are free
    (Bengals imported cavalry due to lack of good horses)
    (Mercenaries bring their own equipment)
  • Mines last 20% longer
    (Sultans built many mint towns to produce Taka coins)

Unique Unit: Paik (Archer)
Takes 50% less damage from Siege weapons, Attack bonus Vs Siege (+3 for Paik/+5 for Elite Paik)

Unique Techs:

• Ivory Trade: Dead battle elephants return 30% of their gold cost
  • Field Artillery: Bombard Canons are 50% cheaper

Team Bonus:
Universities and Monasteries cost 75 less Wood.
(A lot of universities and temples/mosques were built by the rulers)

Tech Tree:

Archery Range

• Missing Cavalry Archer, Heavy Cavalry Archer and Parthian Tactics

Barracks

• Missing Supplies (the Meso-American units are disabled)

Stable

• Scout cavalry, Light cavalry
  • Knight, Cavalier
  • Battle Elephant, Elite Battle Elephant
  • Bloodlines, Husbandry

Siege Workshop

• Missing Siege Ram, Siege Onager and Heavy Scorpion

Blacksmith

• Missing Plate Barding Armor

Dock

• Missing Elite Cannon Galleon

University