Easter Egg Compilation 🥚

What civ gets that Tavern?

Idk but my spanish eyes hurt cause its written with V instead of B😬

1 Like

It’s the English spelling for the Greek cuisine place. Also in Catalan we write it v

Maybe Spain or any of his revs…

In Spanish thats right too when talking about greek cuisine but dont get me wrong but I tgink that Greek and Catalan presence in the Americas werent that important. My guess is that a fail in translation. (Or from old spanish idk)

1 Like

Taverna is the Portuguese spelling

3 Likes

I think both “taverna” and “taberna” are used in Lusophone and Hispanophone countries.

Ak,ok…I didn’t say anything then…

Both mean the same thing, except that Spanish speakers use taberna with a long b and Lusophones use taverna with a short v…

I don’t think I’ve ever seen “taverna” here in Brazil

I rescue “Miskatonic Scout” on some maps. It is a reference to the fictional Miskatonic University from Lovecraft’s work. Unfortunately I don’t have any screenshots.

2 Likes

I rescue “Miskatonic Scout” on some maps. It is a reference to the fictional Miskatonic University from Lovecraft’s work. Unfortunately I don’t have any screenshots.

Not only that. It’s also the filename for the portrait all Native Scouts use.

2 Likes

image (2)

Does anyone know the meaning of the symbols on the coin?

By Reddit latin experts:

GVLIELMVS III DEI GRA(tia)

William III, by the grace of God”

5 Likes

Juan Valdez - Wikipedia
A bit similar.

2 Likes

I don’t think is intentional.

1 Like

Me neither, but it’s still funny.

However, I think it could be possible that they were inspired by this. This is a well known logo in some parts of the world. There is even a reference or cameo of this character in the movie Bruce Almighty.

Most likely it’s just a coincidence.

2 Likes

I feel that a historical map of the nine years war is missing to represent the glorious revolution (considering that we already have the American and French revolutions represented in the game)…

1 Like

Hello! I found some icons in the files. These are all referring to politicians:

Adventurer:

Bishop:

Carpenter:

Cavalier:

Engineer:

King’s Musketeer

Miner

Mohawk Statesman

Pirate

Prince

Shepard (yes, really)

Tycoon

Viceroy

Vizier

War Minister

There’s also a Philosopher icon, but the forum somehow doesn’t allow me to upload it.

Which of these are original assets, which are references? From where, exactly? Can you identify any?

4 Likes

Looks a lot like Captain Barbossa from Pirates of the Caribbean

4 Likes

Most of these are actual paintings or game promotional arts. More like placeholders to me.