ECONOMY GATHER CARDS AND SHIPMENTS POLL

Hi I was wondering what you folks use in your decks and the frecuency in which you use some of this cards, since I d like to know how others play and so.

Which of the following cards do you use and in which frecuency do you use them in your matches:

BERRIES
Cards that send Berries (or other type of food bushes) or improve berry gathering.

• Always, with x civ(s)
  • Sometimes, with x civ(s)
  • Never (With none)

0 voters

HERD CARDS
Cards that allows to have new types of herdables (goats, cows, llamas) or improve herdable gathering/fatening.

• Always, with x civ(s)
  • Never (With none)

0 voters

HUNT CARDS
Cards that improve gather rate of huntable animals.

• Always, with x civ(s)
  • Never (With none)

0 voters

GOLD MINES
Cards that improve gathering rate of mines (only mines).

• Always, with x civ(s)
  • Never (With none)

0 voters

WOOD
Cards that improve gathering rate of wood.

• Always, with x civ(s)
  • Never (With none)

0 voters

FOOD & GOLD (Mills, States, Rice padies, etc)
Cards that improve gathering rate of food and or gold in such buildings.

• Always, with x civ(s)
  • Never (With none)

0 voters

How many do you normally use, with which civs, etc. Please comment.

1 Like

I always use cattle in treated mode. In the standard game, only if the map grants free cattles. Of course, if you use African civilizations, cattle are useful from minute 1 until the rest of the game.

So I think that European cattle need an upgrade to make it more practical in the standard mode.

8 Likes

Thank you for replying, I normally prefer cards that increase gather rathes, but rarely if not never use cattle/berries cards, so I was wondering how others use them and in what situations.

What would you folks think if for example early game gather cards were far less for example 1 card that increase gather rates of berries/huntables/mills? instead of being several or other things like x age ups giving cows, llamas or goats?

Only card I use that improves natural res alone is spice trade but because of how I play most games last 30 minutes or more so I get more use out of a good overall card like eco theory, refrigeration and royal mint.

I do the same, i personally love cow booming and i do it in treaty a lot but in supremacy, although i really love it, and it can succesfully performed and could be very good, is like too forced, so i use it not because it is a really great strategy, but because i love to use it, and it is still good strat, but for brits you have like stay in your base until minute 16 and have no much food in all that time and you are like stuck and can´t do much but wait until your cows are ready, and you also have to take like 4 cards since the beggining wich is a lot, because by that time you can send a lot more things and a do a lot more stuff to just waiting for your cows, so i love it in supremacy also, and i think is good strat, but it would be great, as you guys have said, that a little buffs or something could be added to make them a little more usable and viable hahah

1 Like

I have a proposal on cattle here:

Here the current state of the cattle is explained very well. In short, cattle are not viable even with cards, unless the map grants you the animals.

1 Like