[Feature Request] Screenshot of entire Map

With Capture Age partnership, would it really be that difficult, though, I wonder? The tech is already there:

Image Source: Capture Age coming to Definitive Edition

If such Capture Age-powered screenshots would not allow for zoom-ins that retain their image quality, then release the feature in multiple releases over time.

---~ ♦ ♦ ♦ ~----

• Phase 1: Allow us to snap .jpg screenshot of the full map view Capture Age is capable of seeing (as seen in the image above), but without HUD overlays. Capture Age is clearly able to see full map at once; borrow that tech for CTRL+F12 screenshots that the actual in-game players could do. As well, an option to have screenshot ‘with’ statistical info at bottom of image (not overlays) would be a great bonus for this phase.

• Phase 2: If the Phase 1 screenshot won’t be high-enough resolution to allow zoom-ins that retain their graphical quality (i.e., is just purely a screenshot of what you see on your monitor), then this 2nd phase would be the “quite a bit of (dev) work” they probably talked about. Here, they could figure out how to take a full-map screenshot that lets you zoom in and see 100% in-game resolution when you do so. Statistics (or more stats if some were already possible in Phase 1) would be great in this phase, but if not, move stats to a Phase 3.

• Phase 3: Capture game stats with the screen capture

• Phase 4: Allow a CTRL+F12 screenshot at any point in a game; not just the very end – if that isn’t already possible in Phase 1, 2, or 3

---~ ♦ ♦ ♦ ~----

I’d rather have this phased approach and have some way to do some semblance of a CTRL+F12 screenshot soon, rather than wait year(s) for some huge CTRL+F12 project to be completed way down the road, if ever – because doing so is, “quite a bit of work.” If Phase 1 is fairly easy, relatively speaking, then that would definitely satisfy my screenshot need/desire for a quite a while.

4 Likes