File xxx.smx uses an invalid filetype; some sprites will not display. This is likely caused by a mod

What’s the resolution of your monitor?

144Hz. I manually set all the display options and followed the recommendations in this thread. I tried multiple different things before uninstalling, but that fixed it. Launching the game WITHOUT the graphics pack fixed the game. Prior to that, i couldn’t even see the characters, buildings, anything

144Hz isn’t a resolution, though

1920x1080, 1920x1200, 3840x2160, 4K, etc. are examples of resolutions

The Enhanced Graphics Pack is for 4K or UHD, iirc, so that might be why they asked which resolution you use.

You wouldn’t want to use it on 1080p, for example. The Steam storefront is a little unclear regarding what the graphics pack is for.

Not sure offhand if the pack should be used on 1440p resolution either?

I was thinking about the previous responses when I responded. Its a 4k monitor, I can still run in 4k through settings without the enhanced graphics pack and everything works so Im just leaving it uninstalled for now

1 Like

Ahh, sorry about my 144Hz comment then. Wasn’t trying to imply you didn’t know what was meant by resolutions, but was just clarifying to try and help get to the bottom of things quicker

I briefly had a 4K monitor so downloaded the Enhanced Graphics pack. Played only 10 mins to see how it looked. Looked nice, and wow! I was awestruck and in heaven by how much of the map I could see, thanks to 4K! Looked forward to playing an actual full match sometime with 4K, but, unfortunately, I had to get rid of that monitor :cry:

I have a 1440p monitor now, and stll have the Enhanced pack installed. Have played about 5 matches without an xxx.smx error yet, thankfully… but I’m using NVidia/Intel, if that matters to devs or for reporting

Good to know that if I have issues, I should try to uninstall the enhancement pack

And now that I have a few more pixels to work with (1440p) than my old 1080p monitor, I may tweak the NVidia Control Panel settings to mimic the more expansive 4K view to see how that looks on it :slight_smile: … using Breeminator’s steps: PSA: How to zoom out more with an Nvidia graphics card

So it’s March 2024 and this issue is still there. Game is playable without the HD add-on. As soon as you install the HD addon, you get these unresolvable errors and the game is unplayable. I have no mods. Replicated on two computers.

Steam version works fine.

I can confirm a newly installed windows store version still has this error when trying to use the uhd pack. I’ve disabled all mods and still no change. UHD pack is unusable.