FPS Drops Persists After Anniversary Patch

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 43210
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Over a month ago when the anniversary patch was released, it was reported that many gamers experienced drops in FPS after this new update including myself, then a fix was released that theoretically fixed it, but the problem persists and, sometimes, and at times the game becomes unplayable, with drops of up to 30 fps (this before the November patch did not happen, so something was done wrong). When these frame drops occur, the GPU load automatically drops as well. And there is no bottleneck in the CPU and GPU.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This exact problem happened previously in the Mongols Raiders patch and within a week it was fixed, but a month has passed and still nothing.

IMPORTANT NOTE 2: Before the anniversary patch my benchmark score in AoE 2 DE was 1200+, now it barely reaches 1100 AVG.

The GPU drivers were updated, the game was put in maximum performance in windows, and the dxdiag was sent to support and everything remains the same without a hotfix.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Play a scenario for a long time with a program like MSI AFTERBURNER to notice the behavior of the hardware in this game. It occurs mostly in large numbers of units.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt) below.

as you see the GPU and CPU (including RAM) are never 100% to say that there is a bottleneck in my hardware.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: [MERGED] Late-game performance in team games deteriorated in anniversary patch (42848)