Game civilitzations

Please do not discuss leaked information, whether real or fake. Doing so is a really good way to indicate you cannot be trusted with confidential info and shouldn’t be part of beta testing.

1 Like

Are the Byzantines not going to be present in the game then or does the “2/5” refer to information available to you at the moment?

Most of the civilizations presented are Asians, so for a change my predictions are as follows:

• Franks
  • Germans
  • Slavs
  • Vikings

Remember that the civilization gameplay will be very diverse, so there probably won’t be many of them.
In my opinion, the choice will be on civilizations with a wider geographic scope …

DLC could be:

• Spanish
  • Aztecs
  • Turks / Ottomans
  • Arabs

Much depends, the choice of a civilization will depend on the campaign and historical connections, or simply the varied gameplay…

2 Likes

I heard about a leak of civs and until now that leak has been right, that leak also stated the HRE as a civ, so I am pretty sure that one will also be in the game. The Rus are also stated to be in the game which would be weird, but its a leak so it can be wrong.

However like I said, the leak was also very specific about the Delhi sultanate which is odd if it was fake.

France doesnt make sense to also have in a game during 500 - ~1600 where they want unique mechanics for every civ and them being unique.

You have an entire planet with distinct cultures and the English and French during the 100 years war were very similar in multiple ways. Just because it makes sence to add for an campaign, means they should get added. The English also fought the Whales, doesnt mean we should add them.

It makes more sense to have the French in the campaign have a lot of the British but with a few buildings having different architecture and like 1 or 2 unique units. Not to mention they could have main civs and campaign civs, like AoE III like the circle of odys or however it was called.

2 Likes

As I said, adding the Ottomans before Byzantium is weird at best as they occupied the same area only in different eras. The most important thing is that the civilizations play different and Byzantium really is a one of a kind and very special civilization which spans all of the time covered by AOE4.

I really do hope every civ dose have something similar to the Chinese and be able to split to different paths

Yo veo casi seguro que incluirán a los Bizantinos y a los turcos o sarracenos, en todo caso, sería una civilización del medio oriente con la que se podrían recrear las cruzadas

1 Like

Blockquote
…and probably an arab civilization (Saracens, Egypt Sultanate under Saladin, Persians or Turks for example).

It is general knowledge that Turks and Persians are not Arabs. I think that they will add the Abbasids, Umayyads or the Egyptian Mameluks as a civ first and later as a DLC a Turkish faction (Seljuks, Ottomans, Gokturks etc.) and a Persian civ (Sassanids, Safavids etc).

1 Like

Persian civ in AOE IV = Sasanian empire

Safavid persia is considered the beginning of modern Persian history, so they are not belong to AOE IV at all .

2 Likes

I can’t wait for AOE4! Will we only be getting the 6 - 7 starting Civs?

8 starting civilizations

3 Likes

As @ElMorrion98 said, we’ll be getting 8, 4 of which still have to be revealed.

1 Like

Awesome! Can’t wait! The rest will probably be released a bit later. Age2 had 13 and now has 37.

If that is the case we could be getting quite a lot of expansions and if every release has a good campaign and story this could become a long-term investment game getting content updates, like seasons.

Who do you think are the other 4?

Norse from AoM and several AoE 3 units did it before Sicilians.

3 Likes

I would think Franks are a reskin of english for campaign only, BUT i doubt that. Because - they have a different Focus in cavalry.
So 5/8 would ne Franks.

Now ging from gameplay, and Popularität, keeping in mind The current Locations-

English (bow and Defensive Focus)
Delhi (Research and elephants)(also Defensive)
Chinese (Special dynasty System with diverse Units, siege Focus)(also Defensive)
Mongols( mobile bases, mobile(!) Böses Inc horse archers Focus)

Speculation:
Franks (heavy cav/Knights Focus. Gameplaywise Special feature- no clue tbh)
“Teutons” /(central european) HRE (infantry Focus. Special feature- hopefully diversifying though (Lager european) states AS nations- which would include northern and douthern Germany etc

Now WE have a LOT of european civs, But each with specific gameplay. Also the Game can afford to Focus on Them.

Now i Introduce the Antagonist mechanic- Every Nation needs an enemy.

Thats where Rus comes in, quarreling with the German hre parts.
7/8 Done. No Idea of their possible Features

Last Slot- Western hre, with the campaign beong about its Rise maybe. However then the Importamt enemies from cruaades would ne Missing.

So i assume German hre wont Fight Rus, But maybe together with hre Fight the Otto-Manns/similar. They Focus on gunpowder.

NO civ will Focus on Walter, AS thats Always Not good because its map Dependant

1 Like

germany really shouldn’t be represented twice with only 8 factions.

3 Likes

Germany would be hre , however the other Part of the hre doesnt reperesent that.

My Idea would be hre hast multiple Countries Like northern/eastern germany as choices for Monuments/age ups

1 Like

I’d say I’ll add more.

France, Saracens, Roman Empire, Rus

3 Likes

Yeah i think only one hre would be better and that way the Rest will fit :smiley: