Game civilitzations

These 4 nations are here

if the leaks are to be believed, its true. Which means I also got 4 of 4 correct, as my last part of argument was ONE HRE fighting one enemy somewhat like Ottomans. (Although I was goning for 2 HRE nations and removing Rus but lets not be too precise about that^^

Maybe we’ll see France.
Saracens would be useful. Russia would be interesting.
Well, I’m still attacked by the Romans

Per the forum rules, do not “Discuss or post links to […] leaked content, real or fake.”

1 Like

But can leaked content be fake? If it is fake, than it is not leaked content. :thinking: :thinking: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

yes, leaks can easily be fake :smiley: just check the switch pro “leaks” from 3 years ago :smiley:

However I personally really dislike that rule. Why close out a whole topic of discussion to the entire forum? (just a personal note here though)

Byzantines should have been added at release to fight with arabs.

1 Like

well, werent the byzantines somewhat a part of the HRE? (IF the speculation we do is correct)

No they weren’t at all.
HRE = Germany and northern Italy
Byzantine = Greece, Turkey and for a while southern Italy

12 Likes

And southern Spain for a while

makes much more sense :smiley: I think I must have misread that elsewhere :smiley:
However I think HRE may fight arabs too, within crusades, no?

I wouldn’t go that far. A very short lived conquest between 527 and 565 during the catastrophic (from a financial and long-term pov) campaigns of Justinian towards the western Mediterranean. Soon after, Iberia was forever lost to Visigoths.

I actually made a topic about them some time ago with historically based ideas about their unit roster. You guys can check it out and share your opinion if you wish.

2 Likes

Someone is salty hm?

1 Like

please don’t start an other history debate in this thread too :pray:
i already left following so many threads because they ended up looking like a group chat of some frustrated history teachers(and honestly … it sucks) :slightly_frowning_face:

I chuckled :slight_smile:
It wasn’t really my intention to start a debate but I get what you’re saying.
Well, sometimes just feels a little harder to let it go. Especially if the discussion comes down to a topic that you may have good knowledge of or even spent years of studying it.
(I speak generally here, not about this or any other particular topic or post)

2 Likes

For an 8 civ game, I really would like to see very different diverse civilizations, so far I really like how the mongols can pack up their buildings and move them somewhere else, I hope the rest of the civs have unique bonuses like this that makes them fun to play and hard to learn all the civs

1 Like

As well as eastern France, most of the Netherlands and parts of the Slavic and Baltic regions. Which is why its addition as a civ in the game makes little sense.

What do you guys think about adding the Byzantines?

Wonder who is representing the vikings in the williams campaign?

• Age of Empires I released with 12 civilizations, 4 Architecture Styles, and 1 Unit style.
  • Age of Empires II released with 13 civilizations, 4 Architecture Styles, and 1 Unit style.
  • Age of Mythology released with 9 Major Gods, 3 Architecture Styles, and 3 Unit styles.
  • Age of Empires II released with 8 civilizations, 3 Architecture Styles, and 1 Unit style.
  • Age of Empires IV will release with 8 civilizations, 8 Architecture Styles, and 8 Unit styles.

AoE IV is gonna have much more work put into every civilization’s art style than the previous games, and that takes time and money.

In AoE II you can slap a unique unit on a civ, shuffle their tech tree around, give them some bonuses, and boom, new civ.

8 Likes