3. game will freeze and if u try to click anything it will crash

##ATTACHMENTS

5 Likes

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• Build: Version 101.101.37650.0 5061880
  • Platform: Steam
  • Operating System: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE

When hovering over player names in the multiplayer lobby, the game either immediately crashes or becomes unresponsive. While crashes seem to have always been a frequent occurrence in this game, I have never had this issue before today. It seems that this is only one of a number of issues with the latest patch, although this has been the most consistent one I have encountered.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

I have consistently reproduced this bug and it has happened without fail every time I load the game. The bug only occurs when viewing player names in the lobby browser, and I can still join a game and hover over a playerā€™s name without any issues.

1. Boot up AOE 2: DE and open Lobby Browser.
  2. Select a game in the list, and hover the cursor over a player name on the right of the screen.
  3. Upon moving the cursor over any name in the list of players, the game immediately freezes (becoming not responsive) or crashes.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

1 Like

• Build: 5105673
  • Platform: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • Gamertag: WhatWordz

Every time I look at player profiles in the unranked lobby (after selecting a game) my game stops responding and freezes up, usually having me to force shut down the game.

1. Select a game lobby in the unranked lobby browser
  2. Hover over a player profile on the bottom right corner.
  3. Game freezes up and stops responding
3 Likes

• Build: 37906 (latest Hotfix)
  • Platform: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • Gamertag: Captain WeebM@ster

:question: Describe the problem in detail (below). Please limit to one issue per thread.

My game crashes when I click on a game in the lobby browser and try to look at the ratings of people in it.

:question: List the steps to reproduce the issueā€¦ Be descriptive!

Hereā€™s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Open lobby browser for unranked games
  2. Click on a game
  3. Move mouse over someoneā€™s name in the bottom right corner
  4. Crash

Iā€™m not sure if this is related but i used to block some website that is responsible for the profanity filter in aoe2 using the hosts file, i tried removing the block since thinking this is somehow related but it didnā€™t seem to change anything.

Same issue here. Hover over player name causes crash.

1 Like

• Build: 101.101.37906.0 5105673
  • Platform: Steam
  • Gamertag: Fyrecean

Game crashes some times when trying to view player stats in the lobby browser, seems to either happen the first time you try upon launching the game or not at all. Sometimes it recovers after freezing for a few seconds but usually it results in a crash.

Hereā€™s how to reproduce the issue:

1. Open the multiplayer lobby browser
  2. Select a game
  3. Hover mouse over a playerā€™s name in list of players in the lobby, lower right of the screen

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a OneDrive or Google Drive link to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE of the game where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a SCREENSHOT, VIDEO, DXDIAG .TXT FILE, or CRASH/GAME LOGS (if relevant).

This one thankfully stopped happening a few months ago

Iā€™m facing same issue. I click on a game in the unranked lobby, I hover over playersā€™ names on the right side and the game instantly freezes (becomes unresponsive) so I have to close it with the Task Manager. Is there anything I can do to solve it?

Hmm this bug disappeared like 8 months ago. Are you sure you are on the latest version? If it reappeared then that is very strange

If you mean the latest version of Steam Client, yes. I checked it in Steam and it says ā€œYour Steam client is already up-to-dateā€.
I should mention that prior to my post here, I had uninstalled a program named ā€œKiller Network Managerā€ which I thought might caused the problem. It didnā€™t solve anything.
After my previous post here, I checked in AOE2 DE properties / local files / verify integrity of game files but all was in order.
After that, I uninstalled and reinstalled Steam, reinstalled the game but the problem remains the same.
Any other ideas? In any case, I can live with it since I still can play multiplayer in the lobby but itā€™s somehow disturbing.

It hasnā€™t. The crash happens due to the following errors:

[rlink - error] 2021/12/28 23:54:53.280 (UTC) NetworkManagerInternal waited 5002 ms for async jobs to complete without success

[rlink - error] 2021/12/28 23:54:53.286 (UTC) CallContext::SetComplete - ExtendedError -9 for LogoutAsync. Exception ID .

[rlink - error] 2021/12/28 23:54:53.286 (UTC) LogoutAsync - response was failure: -9 We are not connected

[rlink - error] 2021/12/28 23:54:58.280 (UTC) NetworkManagerInternal waited 5000 ms for async jobs to complete without success

[rlink - error] 2021/12/28 23:54:58.307 (UTC) SockClose: socket 0/1052 failed to set linger (on,0); errno=10042 errstr=ā€˜WSAENOPROTOOPT: The option is unknown or unsupported for the specified provider or socket (see SO_GROUP_PRIORITY limitations).ā€™

Exiting with code 0

1 Like

Hi all!

This is not happening to us, can you add your logs here? You can find them in: C:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logs

Iā€™ve already added the relevant portion of my log at the time of the crash in my previous comment.

Yes, thanks for this. The whole file could be useful for our team anyway

I PMā€™ed you with the file.

1 Like

Thanks! We are now tracking this issue ~ćƒ¾(ļ¼¾āˆ‡ļ¼¾)

2 Likes

Hi again all!

Could you attach your mdmps created when you have this issue? You can find those on:

ā€œC:\Users\USER\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\logsā€ will have date-time format, something like ā€œAoE2DESteam-51577-2021.10.07-10.11.24.mdmpā€.

Unfortunately mdmpā€™s are not available for any of these crashes, which is a bummer b/c there are plenty of those. How to proceed?

Hi @the6hu8b !

This issue is supposed to be fixed, does it happen to you everytime? Could you attach here your logs or add a video?

Thanks!