Game is Removing Some Mods On Boot

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.59165.0 8211018
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

After I subscribe to a mod created by a friend, it successfully gets installed in the mods folder and becomes visible at installed mods section. The type of mod is for a new civilization (so has a separate UI and Data mod) and requires the game to be restarted before it will work.
After I close the game and re-launch, part of the mod in mods folder (either the UI or Data) gets removed.

My friend experienced this multiple times when it suddenly started working ok without them doing anything differently, but sadly mine is non-stop having this issue.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. subscribe to both parts of a new civilisation mod and wait until green tick appears.
  2. look for mods folder and you will see them.
  3. Exit the game (Because the mods are not working)
  4. Re launch the game and watch the mods folder at the same time.
  5. See those mods get cleaned.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

The mod file should not be deleted/unsubscribed.

2 Likes

Hi @apw1985000 !

Does this happen with all mods or only specific one?

If the issue is only present with a specific mod, could you tell us which one is?

Thanks!

Mainly happening with this one Mods Single - Age of Empires

It seems that I am still suscribed to those mods once I close the game. Which files are missing?

Quite literally the apw factions v2 - Part 2 - UI one.
The apw factions v2 - Part 1 - Data mod works just fine.

It’s the same as what was reported in Game is Removing Mods On Boot - #25 by apw1985000

@IkoKnight8151 this issue is happening to few of our regular players. most of us doesnt have this problem but 2-3 of them having continuous issue.

we aren’t sure if it’s their internet, or the sync problem as we know microsoft keeps track of what mods we have by account basis (purchased game copy) which is tied to this folder path:

C:\Users\ (User Name)\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE################

even deleting the folder, game will force download the mods on next restart and remember all the mods player had, which suggests to me microsoft has database sync for players. normally thats no problem, with exception that players gets unsubbed by itself after restart, and/or could not complete the download for w/e reason.

heres the other thread I have made reporting possibly similar issue. Datamod auto unsub, but game allows player in & disconnects them