German Skirmisher's appearance doesn't change after upgrade to Imperial level

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: v 100.12.21704.0
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
German Skirmisher’s appearance doesn’t change after upgrade to Imperial level, it still keeps its Guard level appearance .

Please notice that other civilization’s Skirmisher’s appearance will change after upgrade to Imperial level.

The issue is probably relate to German has “royal gurad” tech of Skirmisher, which doesn;t trigger model change correctly.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. train some Skirmisher as German civ
  2. upgrade to guard level
  3. upgrade to imperial level
  4. you can see the appearnce doesn’t change
  5. check Skirmisher of other civs, you can see the appearnce change when upgrade to imperial level.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

German Skirmisher’s appearnce can change after upgrade to imperial level.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

1 Like

This happens to a lot of Royal Guard units.
Before DE there isn’t really “Imperial model” so this looks like unfinished work.

And it has been there for long. Why doesn’t anyone consider this as a problem?

1 Like

First, they should fix the appearance of guard units

I’ve been trying to focus on this issue since the release, especially with the jinete model, which I love the most. The Japanese consulate let us train the jinetes with the correct look, so I believe ignorantly that is just a copy and paste work. Maybe I’m wrong. I know that gameplay and balancing is a thing, but I’m really disappointed with this lack of attention to those details.

1 Like

I have forwarded this issue to the relevant team and is now being tracked. Thanks for the reports!

3 Likes

Thanks, I really appreciate that!