Give this fort to Franks

Makes no sense that Franks and Britons should share the same castle while Burgundians get special treatment.

16 Likes

Moving your post to AoE 2 Discussion as it’s more fitting there :slight_smile:

Edit: I’m 100 % in for unique castle skins

8 Likes

Oops did I accidentally post outside. Thanks for the correction.

2 Likes

Is this already available in scenario editor?

BTW, anything in mind for Celts?

Yeah, where did you find this? It looks like it’s from DE, but I don’t recognise it.

It is an unreleased model from LotW. You can see it is decorated with Fleur de Lis banner in it’s side wall.

Where are these stored? And what else is in there?

This castle was made by Jahn Hummel. The final two models of castle are made by Chris Morton. You can view their profiles in Art Station.

1 Like

The architecture definitely looks french yes. I’m all for more custom models.

I personally wonder whether Britons should get the Tower of London as their castle skin to hint at the Norman influence after 1066

2 Likes

That could be their Wonder tbh. If you make it Britons castle, then rest of the West European civs will be using an English Castle.

1 Like

The building is too recognisable to be their castle, castles need looking somewhat generic otherwise seeing half a dozen in a single game would feel weird.

2 Likes

The Franks Castle should look cheaper because it literally is.

3 Likes

Au contraire, call it “economies of scales”.

It makes sence because Burgundians are a DLC civ while Franks and Britons are AOK civs.

LoL
:joy:

Why shouldn’t old civs get cosmetic enhancements ? So long that castles are still immediately recognisable as castles, there is no negative in having more models that better fit the civ’s architecture.

For example, weird to see the Mongols spam the Osaka Castle everywhere.

5 Likes

I once created a topic about potential unique Castle models for each old civ.

4 Likes

I also think that Monasteries also deserve for each civ to have a unique model - considering how many wonderful temples of many religions were built throughout the Middle Ages and also because of how important religion was in the life of the Middle Ages.

So make unique Castles and Monasteries for each civ!

8 Likes

I remember unique castle idea (separate from Architecture Sets) first came to my mind while working with Abejin which he liked a lot. The first thing we created was this Teutonic Castle as an alternative option for architecture set. Then eventually he went on to create more such Unique Castles. Later LordGood, another modder created unique castles as well. Eventually the devs adopted the idea to make unique castles. But they ruined the idea by limiting it to DLC civs only. Hopefully it gets completed with unique castle for all civs or atleast the major Empire civs such as the Byzantines, Chinese etc prioritised first and foremost.