Hausa Homecity revealed by devs

Well Romans did exist when Neo-Babylonian Empire existed it was destroyed 539 BC. While huns where already gone when medieval period started. Huns may have defined the start of medieval period, but it still doesn’t make more sense to put them there since units we have in game doesn’t make sense for huns. So saying Huns and Teutons together make more sense than Romans and Babylonians in the same game is weird.

Age of Empires I covers nearly 3000 (or even 3500) years of history, from the Stone age to the fall of the roman empire.

Age of empires II covers roughly 1200 years from 400ish to 1600.

Age III covers roughly 450 years from 1500 to 1880.

There will ALWAYS be matche that are historically impossible because the 2 civs did not exist at the same time (like the Lakota vs Aztec in AOE III or Goths vs Spanish in AOE II)

4 Likes

Homecity for Japan and India when?

2 Likes

Home City customization for Aztecs and Incas too!

2 Likes

Do we know if there might be a deal that will allow you to buy DoTD + AoE3DE Africa DLC instead of DoTD+AoE4?

I’d much rather have a special price for purchasing DoTD + AoE3DE Africa DLC.

5 Likes

Great idea.

A package should already be created for AoE 2 - AoE2 + 2 DLC (LotW and DotD).

1 Like

aoe3 begins at 1400s with henry the explorer, he dies in the 1460s along queen isabella who died in 1504. units like crossbowmen, caravels, and war wagons as well as the Aztec and Inca empire also belong in the 1400s.

it ends with the hole in the wall gang and annexation of the Hawaiian territories right at 1900.

I’m excited for the Hausa, it looks beautiful.

4 Likes

Also there is this now too

Definitely has something to do with more African civ screenshots imo.

That one is gonna take awhile. I’d help out but don’t have access to the game.

1 Like

They said today is the second and final challenge - so it will be (almost certainly) two factions: Ethiopia, and Hausa.

Personally I am okay with 2, since we’ll get campaigns and unique mechanics! There is always room for more later down the line.

1 Like

In this case, I hope that they will not present us with a screenshot of the Ethiopians Home City!
And then I preferred to see something other than Hausa Home City yesterday - that would then mean 2 more civs (4 in total).

What a beautiful city! They needed to fix the Ottoman units and architecture in this new DLC, not to get too ugly now that there will be a Muslim civilization with a truly unique architecture!

2 Likes