Hausa mechanics

No shipments in Age 1?

Unless you find some juicy xp treasures, yeah, there’s little point in sending shipments in age1 (other than 4 cows).
There are some age1 shipments that are worth sending, just not in age1.

you referring to the BO i suggested? b/c I sent 4 cows as my age 1 shipment

So 4 cows is better then eco 15% card in age 1 or 2 villagers?

Yes. The 15% economy card is surely something you want to get, just not right away. You need to have at least 20 villies to get something worth out of it.

The 4 cow shipment is needed simply because Hausa starts with very few “crates”, so you need to be very aggressive with your cow trades in the early game, and the initial cows are not enough.

So by the time you have the 2nd shipment, it is not worth sending either 15% or 2 villies.

The church if paired with your starting tc will generate 1.5 resource/sec. If you alliance with the hausa builder you can directly convert influence into buildings. So it’s as if the church is a 1.5 wood trickle when it comes to making tc tps markets and barracks.

If you get an early enough tp in age 1 and some xp from treasures and killing pets you can send an extra age 1 shipment and still get your age 2 qued on age up. And if you think about it. Sending the age 1 church card at the right time during transition from age 1 to age 2 ( 35 seconds into the age up), you’ll get the church plus a builder!!

Want to cut 60 sec off your age 3 que? Yes reduce the transition time by 60 sec making it only 43 sec to age up?!

use the 450 influence church tech + 1 griot and youll get 60 sec OFF your transition time!.

1 Like

Blockquote
Sending the age 1 church card at the right time during transition from

What is age 1 church card are you refering to? I always age up with Berbers for influence and ability to boost eco with berber villagers and anti-cav available during rush.

there is a age 1 shipment card that gives your a church. IFF that age 1 shipment arrives during age 2 you’ll get a church plus a hausa builder! IFF that age 1 shipment arrives during age 3 you get a church a builder and a TC, and so on and so on!

How does church XP compares to TP as far as XP/s?

HAUSA church cost 200 wood 200 gold and has a base .75 (resource)/s trickle. If you pair your church with a TC or Palace THEN the church produces 1.5 (resource)/s. The thing is your first TC is free, so if you build a church its extremely similar in trickle/VS(cost) with the added bonus of having it being more defensive than a tradepost and having technologies worth researching.

TP = ~1 xp/s and cost 200 wood which is 400 VS.
Church paired with TC = 1.5 xp/s and cost 200 W and 200 C which is 733.33 VS

1 xp/s divided by 400VS = .0025 xp trickle per VS
1.5 xp/s divided by 733.33 =.0020 xp trickle per VS

1 Like

Does Hausa palace produce more influence paired with church or it’s only if it’s paired with TC/TP/Castle?

the church is the only thing that itself produce anything. So its a matter of paring other buildings with a CHURCH; So for optimal resource production you’d want a church + TC + palace + trading post for a 2.6 church trickle.

The problem is that there isn’t many maps where your starting tc is in range of a tradepost in order to build a church inbetween the both and then place a near by palace to max the trickle. Even in the case that there IS such a setup; palace isn’t CHEAP! SO I would hope your build order max uses of that expensive “tower”.

Sorry, I meant does University produce more influence if paired which church or it only do it with TC, TP, Castle

You mean a university, not a church.

Iirc both civs get that card. And Ethiopia gives a church instead. Might be wrong though.

I believe he’s talking about the card that gives you various buildings depending on the age you send it, age 1 it’s a uni, age 2 a uni and tp and age 3 a tc/uni/tp.
He’s got his words wrong and is saying church instead of university, it’s the uni that you combine with tp’s, tc’s and palaces for a greater influence/xp trickle.

As far as I know only hausa get that card.

1 Like

I figured out where you can fit the 15% eco card early.

You’ll have to send the UNIVERSITY card as your first shipment and set it to xp trickle then you’ll have to make an early tp. This will require 2 cow wood converts. If you convert at the right time you can get 300+ wood and with a small wood treasure research food upgrade. You’ll age up 12-13 villagers idle-less TC around 3:14-3:36.

You’ll send the 15% eco card as your second card THEN you’ll keep your UNIVERSITY and tradepost on xp UNTIL you’ve got enough xp to get your 3rd THEN you’ll swap everything to influence trickle.

It’s important that you age with the hausa builder as that alliance allows you to build standard building with influence. All things considered influence for buildings is very very cost efficient considering how infrequently you need to build a market or war camp or TC*(cheaper than standard wood cost), plus they build themselves which saves you even more villager seconds.

Also this macro is extremely versatile. You can semi ff behind a 6:30 timing push, you can semi with defensive palace. You can stay prolonged age 2 and take over the map building UNIVERSITIES and palaces. IMO you should have these cards in deck to optimize your options: 15% eco, university, 4 vil, 7 fulani, 5 raiders, 5 akon musk, 5 lifidi, 700c, palace builder + 300 influence, native villager* (this is a late game card as its unlikely you’ll have the number of tc and tradeposts to make it worth 4 to 5 villagers), cav hp, anf fulani archer range.

Lastly since you’re more than likely aging after your opponent you can more easily attempt to the right composition given you scout.

Get a few treasures to help you que your first shipment and then the ez ones. Leave your hero health as possible to enable your hero to sit under the enemy tc and live.

The in transition macro for raiders is very similar to javelin riders.

Final thoughts this strategy is weak to semi ff cannon musk pushes. There aren’t any good ways I know to stop the timing with age 2 units

1 Like

This build leaves you with no cows in second age since you never send 4 cows and converted 2 of existing ones. There will be very little influence trickle as a result.

not true. the Church gives as much influence when paired with the TC as TEN COWS
 plus you’ll have 4 cows going into age 2 IFFFFFF you sent both the church and other age 1 shipment (15% eco card).

Also since you only converted 2 cows you’ll still have an 80% wood transfer come age 2 which should gives a 250+ wood upon age up. However if you alliance with hausa builder you won’t need a wood transfer for at least a min?