Health bars and selection rectangle don't scale with resolution

Game Version:

• Build 101.101.33164.04413571
  • Steam

Issue:

Since the latest build health bars and the selection rectangle don’t scale with the selected resolution anymore.
If the selected resolution is smaller than the display resolution, health bars and selection rectangle will be offset towards the top left.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Select a resolution lower than the screen resolution
  2. Start a game
  3. Drag the mouse cursor

4 Likes

I’m not sure how to explain this. But when i select the units, the mouse selection box is off and units have their health bar is not near them. Can someone tell me if they have similar bug?

1 Like

you are not alone my friend

Bug and when i want select group, mouse is out of units

1 Like

Same problem. Started with the latest patch.

yeah I’m also having this issue

Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition
Update 33164
Steam

Issue:

I encountered a bug today where the HP bar position was not where it should have been and the box that appears when you click and drag the mouse was not in its correct position as well. It was working completely fine yesterday, on the same version of the game.
Screenshots

It appears to me that the game detects the mouse pointer position different from where it should be ideally.

5 Likes

Yeah, I have the same issue - did not have that problem before today’s patch.

2 Likes

I can confirm that this is an issue. I hope they fix it soon, it is too weird.

Just came here to report this one myself. Makes it rather unplayable. Id like to add that the building/character according to the game appears to be actually at the HP bar location and not where the sprite is on the screen.After messing around with settings the issue appears to be in the scaling to fit screen resolution options.

The game for me is running in 1080P scaled up to screen while i actually have a 1440p Screen. Changing to my native resolution the issue is gone.

1 Like

Same problem here. it only happens when I scale the resolution.

Same issue here, and only present when using scaled up view (which is necessary to play). Game is currently unplayable in this state.

We are currently investigating this issue. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. For now we recommend turning off Scale to Screen Size as a workaround until a fix can be put in place.

2 Likes

same problem ,If I don’t use the monitor’s maximum resolution to play the game, it will be happen

Thank god its a bug… i thought something is wrong with my system. tried uninstalling and reinstall… problem still exists.

So I found the temporary fix. If you set your desktop screen settings to be lower, and then adjust up in-game, the drag boxes/health bars should be working.

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build (####) Nov22th upgrade (33164)
  • Platform (Steam or Microsoft Store) Steam

Issue:

When I am not in the highest resolution, and goes into the game, the selection bar of each unit display mismatches to the unit. And I cannot use my mouse to drag a selection box to whole screen

Reproduction Steps:

1. In settings, don’t use highest resolution
  2. Go into a game, try to use mouse to drag a selection box to whole screen, you will find that we cannot make it
  3. If we have any unit in the screen, you will find the selection bar of the unit is not displayed in the top of this unit

(ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)

1 Like

I’ve been having this issue too since last night. I was just really getting into the game and then this happened and made it actually unplayable for me.

same problem here, started today, 2 days ago it was working fine

I can play at 4k, but zoom is ■■■■■■■ far away and my GPU/ram/whatever is not good enough for UHD graphics :?

Hello everybody
Has anyone encountered my own bug?
I can’t select the units correctly, as shown in the screenshots I’ve attached.