How to publish a scenario mod? I tried everything

THANK YOU!!! FINALLY, I got it working!

You answer wasn’t exactly the right but it helped me find the solution anyway. Turns out I was onto something before in my first post

I tried assembling the mod properly locally and using the “import local mods” button in the mod manager in-game, it never found anything.

So I read your suggestion and went to find and delete my mods folder in c:\users\x\games\Age of Empires 2 DE\mods\ and I noticed that inside were 2 different folders, one from my Steam version of the game and another for my Windows store version of the game. I did try deleting the mods folder, in every version of the game, but it didn’t help.

But that’s when I realized that my original attempt to “assemble the mod properly locally” probably wasn’t recognized by the game client because I put the files in the Steam version game folders and tried to load it through the Windows store version… or vice versa… idk, I never thought to check that before.

So I still can’t get the mod to work when I upload it directly through this website BUT when I paste the games into the correct local folder, so destination:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Games\Age of Empires 2 DE\GAMEFOLDERNUMBER\mods\local

and inside the local folder is:

\MyModName\resources\ _common\scenario\ScenarioName.aoe2scenario**

then FINALLY will the game be able to recognize the files when I press the “Import Local Mods” button(under the “My Mods” tab of the in-game Mod Manager)

After that I could see the name of the ‘MyModName folder’ as a mod in the list, it had a black X mark to the left of it this time, and the Publish Mod button appeared as an option when selected. From there I could enter my description, titles, upload the preview icon and press the Publish Now. Mod mod was zipped and uploaded successfully through the game client and then I download the mod through the Steam and Windows store version of the game without issue.

SOLUTION TL:DR
If the mod doesn’t download for you when you upload it to the website, try putting it your mods\local\ folder and using the in-game Mod Manger to import and publish the mod.

2 Likes