I have some questions

1. Is the Berserker healing effect hardcoded? (With the unit number?) I think they should de-hardcode it now since we have the tools (since African Kingdoms).

2. How is the Khmer farming bonus implemented? I want to implement it with Chinese shepherds in my mod but I am failing continuously.

3. How do the devs decide which is an automatic bonus (context LotW patch from which Scout Cavalry in Feudal shows 5 attack instead of 3+2 attack)? Isn’t the teuton armor bonus on infantry and many others too automatic? Why not directly implement them in the stats since now we have the tool. The biggest one is Turk pierce armor bonus since it is in effect from start of the game.

4. Why isn’t Capped Ram for Cumans automatically researched in Imperial Age starts (since it is a Castle Age upgrade like Bodkin Arrow)? Similar for Burgandians’ economic upgrades and Cavalier.

5. How does the Feitoria generate resources just standing while the Keshik has to attack and Burgandian Vineyards’ farmers have to actually work (pick up food from farm, not walking around)? They share the same Feitoria ability in the properties so I thought they would be similar.

@Juggernaut8704 @TriRem I need your knowledge

1. Use this for healing effect image
    or you can use this:

2. Hard-coded

3. There is a lot of inconsistency in this. Devs keep revising them every update.

4. Bug Report? My guess is they forgot to put the Cuman duplicate ram techs to be pre-researched in imperial age starts.

5. Feitoria Does Task on Class -1 (i.e. universally)

Keshik does its task on each of the individual unit classes 0 (archer), 6 (infantry), 12 (cavalry), 13, 18…

2 Likes

Thanks a lot bhrata!

I feel like it’s for balance reasons? Imagine how strong Burgundians would be in Empire Wars.

My understanding is that scouts receiving +2 attack is a generic upgrade. In other words, it’s the scout unit’s intrinsic attribute. Civ bonuses are not intrinsic.

Campaign scenarios > Empire wars

Moreover many bonuses are actually curbed in Empire wars, like Lithuanian food bonus and Aztec gold bonus.

And why none of the newest civs UTs are not researched in DM?
I think it is also for balance purpose. I made a thread regarding this before.

First Crusade: you basically start with +7 or +14 (Budapest) units which is broken.

Scutage: You start with +15 gold, so it is wasted.

Flemish revolution: You start with 4 military units and 0 villagers. So you get up quite slow.

Burgandian Vineyards: You start with 0 food. Instant loss, because your wood + gold units are also garbage. Moreover you are capped at 3 villagers for a long time.

Combining the Burgandians UT: you start with 20000 gold and 4 military units. And you can make nothing, since you have neither villagers nor food.

So this was intentional. I already pointed this out on reddit.

Sorry I linked different thread. I mentioned everything you described in this thread actually.

And me on this forum.

This one should be researched in DM just like Vietnamese Paper Money.

Vietnamese Paper money provides approximately 33 military units worth of resources, which may not be great, but is fixed irrespective of the research time. Obviously having extra resources at start >> having the same amount later (like Lithuanian food bonus vs Ethiopian bonus in Feudal age alone).