I miss photorealistic pictures for each unit and technology on UI

Hello everyone
I miss these photorealistic pictures for each unit and technology like those shown in the first two pictures below.
Despite the difference between these pictures and graphics of in-game units, it help me feel immersion and stimulated my imagination when playing. I liked those traditional details rooted in the original AoE.
In the current AoE4 UI, we only have a simple symbol to show which type of unit you selected (shown in the the third pic below).

Is anybody else who misses them? I hope the dev reconsider it.

9 Likes

Yes, agree. It’s been mentioned before, too. For the 2nd link, it’s more implied and briefly mentioned at the end than directly speaking about your point:

1 Like

Hi. Thank you for pointing it out. I didn’t notice that it has already been discussed. You helped me see that I am not the only one who are concerned about it. I probably have to delete this topic because it is duplicated (or the dev will delete this topic). I’ll come back on this thread at the end of the day and think about it if this topic still exists

Sure thing. No problem…
I think they might instead merge your post into my first link (and close your thread) vs. delete it

1 Like