Ideas for campaigns?

You do realize you are arguing about a game which has meso civis having siege engins and xbows people throwing huge swords and india being a camel civi?

1 Like

Set a timer, defend the castles or the wonder until the typhoon come.

I would like to recomend everyone to try out the grunwald/tannenburg scenario made for the vanilla game.Its a great example on how some great effects can be done with triggers and a very limited set of unit skins.
https://aok.heavengames.com/blacksmith/showfile.php?fileid=1061

1 Like

Here are a few ideas:

• a slav campaign about history of Russia
  • the battle of Grundwald
  • battles from the Arab conquest: Yarmouk, Talas
  • the conquests of Charlemagne (Frank) against the Saxons (Goths in the game?)
  • the battle of Las Navas de Tolosa, during the Reconquista
  • a campaign/scenario about feudal wars in France, between French themselves (11th century) or between French and English (13th century)
3 Likes

We already have too many European campaigns than non-Europeans.

Some ideas in Africa, Middle East and Asia:

Yarmouk 636 (arabs vs Byzantines)
Qadisiyya 636 (arabs vs Persians)
Talas 751 (arabs ans Tibetans - I suggest Burmese - against Chinese)
Fatmids (berbers) Conquest of North Africa vs Arabs Abbassids (10h century)
Yuan Against Song
Conquest of Malik Kafur in India (Delhi Sultanate, 1307 - 1311)

I’m actually working on something relating to the Delhi Sultanate. Including one episode on Malik Kafur. But I need some inspiration. Anyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

An excellent Middle Eastern campaign would be the one of Khalid bin Walid and the Rashidun expansion. Saracens vs Byzantines & Persians basically

2 Likes

I would love to help with this. Though Indians is an umbrella civlisation, it works fairly well to represent the Delhi Sultanate. Malik Kafur’s campaign was against the Seunas, etc. Would you like to know more about what we could set as the 5 - 6 missions?

A norman conquest of southern Italy campaign would be fun. They started as mercenaries, were granted lands and end up conquering all southern italy. It’d portrait many civs: Franks (Normans), Italians, Byzantines, Teutons (Representing the Pope backed by HRE) and Berbers (at Sicily)

2 Likes

I wish we could have a Norman lancer cavalry unit added to the scenario editor at the least so we can have Norman knight charges.

Hi Kandanat! Could you PM me or add me on Steam? We can chat more about this. I need some concept help and materials to work with.

1 Like

A campaign on the rise of Islam would be interesting. I need a building to stand in for the Kaaba.

2 Likes

I’m not going to go into what the campaigns should cover and instead just list some civs that i want to see have campaigns.

1. Chinese. Literally an og civ and only has a historic battle to their name.
  2. lithuanians. Literally the only civ without any type of single player to their name.
  3. vikings. Another og civ lacking much single player.
  4. Britons. Same as above.
  5. slavs. Fun civ.
  6. turks. No one ever uses them and it could help exposure
2 Likes
  1. Chinese. 3 kingdoms era
  2. lithuanians. northern crusades
  3. vikings. britannia total war
  4. Britons. 100 years war/black price/Richard the lion heart crusade
  5. slavs. Fun civ. Michael the brave/battle on the ice
  6. turks. conquest of hungary

Give William the conqueror a proper historical skin and you have a norman knight.Im sick of seeing the same frankish paladin skin after 20 years.

1 Like

We’ve seen the crusade already from 2 perspectives.

Id suggest black prince

Something I always thought would be fun is to play multiple sides in the same campaign.
Eg. Norman conquest of England first you play as the vikings beating off the saxons to get a foot hold in england next scenario you play as the saxons beating the vikings last you play as the normans.Not sure if this is done already or not real life war was never just one guy winning all the battles unless you are alexander.

3 Likes

Precisely!
Unique skins for the heroes would help alot. And they have most of the base models.

1 Like

3 Kingdoms was earlier than the timeline of Aoe2.
The wars and battles in the Tang Dynasty would fit the campaign more.
Such like Battle of Talas, An Lushan Rebellion, Battle of Baekgang and Turks war.

2 Likes

These are great ideas. I’m trying to do one on the An Lushan rebellion…