Ideas for new Asian religion minor civs?

1) Confucian

Religions with a strong tie to the state like Confucianism and Shintoism would be better represented by full civs rather than minor civs. Korean units should be part of a full civ, and China would be better off having Confucian religious units instead of the Kung Fu ones. The existing Chinese Kung Fu stuff would be a better fit for the Shaolin Temple than the Rattan Shields anyways.

2) Theravada

I agree with this one. It would be the logical place to move the War Elephant.

3) Dorje

A 4th Buddhist holy sites is kinda pushing it. Especially with the Tengri Shrine covering some of the region.

4) Kutkh

The Siberian archers are cool but it seems like a bit of a stretch to have a second shamanistic Siberian holy site.

5) Kamuy

This is so specifically Ainu that you might as well just do a standard native site. The holy sites aren’t restricted to Asia, so I don’t think it would be unreasonable to include a few non-religious sites on the edges of Asia. Ainu, Bedouins, Kurds, and Armenians would all make sense as standard Asian natives.

6) Tao

This would be reasonable with a few more Chinese maps, but I’m not sure what it has to do with the Nain rebellion. The unit should be something to do with Tai Chi, and could have weapons like wind and fire wheels or meteor hammers (would be a lot more appropriate than having them as a main cavalry unit).

7) Islamic Split

I’d suggest also splitting the Sufi site into 2-3 Islamic holy sites. It’s stretching one site too far to try to make it fit everywhere from North Africa to Indonesia.

8) Outside Asia

I don’t see why the holy sites need to be Asian. They’re already on some African and South American maps. The concept would also be a good fit for Polynesia and Australia.

They could also fit for Europe.

1 Like