If you could include new mechanics, features or functions in AOE-3, what would you implement?

That didn’t work at all in SC2

A new type of mine, ‘emerald mines’.
You can extract coins and experience at the same time, it is infinite, but only a few villagers can work.

An alliance with the Muisca will make these mines more productive: Renewals to the original content and its first two expansions - #73 by OperaticShip743

The emerald mines could be on the same maps that the Muiscas could potentially be on, although as the graph indicates, they could also be on other continents.

4 Likes

Que sean infinitas y den experiencia seria muy roto, yo creo que con que trabajen entre 3 a 5 trabajadores seria justo

They might produce 50% less coins than the average mine, but make up the other 50% with experience.
It would be like a “land version” of whales, so I don’t see a problem with them being infinite.

4 Likes

This.

Also revolution as a end age (disallowing non europe civs to play the match)

I propose the following mechanics.

When an ally surrenders, the city becomes controlled by an AI on maximum difficulty.

When an ally is defeated, all of their structures, resources, and units go to the ally player with the fewest points.

1 Like

Functions wise, i’d be nice to see selection panel displaying individual units instead of 1 icon per type, to make some micro bit easier (yes similar to aoe2 but its not the only rts in the world that does this)

1 Like

I propose that roads and bridges be added. :slightly_smiling_face:

Roads.

Roads are visually improved in Age 2 (dirt road) and Age 4 (stone road)

Paths can be merged with each other up to 3 at the same time to increase their thickness. (does not increase its passive effect)

Paths increase movement speed by 5% within range of buildings connected to paths. (does not stack)

Paths cost no resources, but cannot be built far from buildings or on enemy bases.

Buildings would now have to come with paths around them to make it easier to connect them.

Paths do not have a hitbox and cannot be destroyed by the opponent, but can be demolished by the player. (roads cannot be seen on the mini map)

Bridges.

Bridges can be built with construction carts from the town center. (they don’t cost resources)

Bridges can be connected to walls (Your own, your ally’s, or your enemy’s) and can be blocked by a gate.

Bridges cannot be destroyed and can be used by both allies and enemies.

There is a construction limit of only 2 bridges.

Bridges cannot be built far from town centers or strongholds (yours or your ally’s), but they cannot be built near your opponent’s town centers or strongholds either.

Maximum size a bridge can have (does not block fishing boats)

PS: This technology should have a visual effect on the roads.

5 Likes
  • Separately buildable Wooden and Stone walls - make a bigger distinction of wooden walls being cheap and very quick to build and stone walls being slow but tough.

• Actual Blockhouses for European/American civs (Russian Blockhouse renamed to Streltsy Guard-House) - Blockhouses were mini wooden forts that ingame could be garrisoned by ranged infantry to increase firepower. Could even use the Stockade (singleplayer) building as that is essentially a Blockhouse with wooden stockades(!) surrounding it.

• Star Fort upgrade to visually change the Fort

• Revisit ship combat:
    Sailor units for all civs, trainable from the Docks/equivs that can garrison ships to improve hitpoints as well as use as cheap shock infantry (Native Americans would get a tech enabling a certain unit the same ability).
    Ship boarding - being able to engage another ship in the style of a very close range Monk Conversion. Success is in your favor if you have more military units (sailors being perfect for this) on your ship and if the enemy ship has lower HP. Slow to convert though multiple ships speed it up.

• Command groups - all civs can train/ship a small (cannon crew-style) group acting as one unit, containing a commander, flagbearer and musician. Gives a number of cooldown effects (such as temporary HP-boosting auras, Rate of Fire effcts and faster marching), however has no real attack so needs to be within your army.

4 Likes

I agree with you Only developers should import it into the game interface

I would love to see the developers add caves and underground areas to the maps, these places could have extremely valuable treasures and mines.

4 Likes

Co-op Seige Maps. One team get a huge walled area with fixed guns and a set amount of units and the other have to capture their Command Centre. There’s so many seiges for historical inspiration - including amphibous assaults!

1 Like

Las mapas historicos pueden hacer eso, la guerra de los 80 años y el asedio de viena tienes que completar esos objetivos

2 Likes

I have wrote this before but I want to rewrite. Please devs put the unit tag icons on short description. I dont know all units tags espcially natives and africans.

4 Likes
2 Likes

yes and this has always happened, this is another reason why age 3 is unpopular imo, who wants to play for wasting time?

Black and White 2

I think the BW2 road system would be an excellent system for AOE3.

Below are some towns with roads that could be added for construction.

EEUU

EEUU 2

China

India

Italia

PS: I would love an AOE with the build mechanics from BW2. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I would like to see many malt aspects applied to the campaign. Units, cards, etc.

The same with the United States, apply it to the Amelia Black campaign. It would be the type of reworks that I would like to see in the campaigns.

4 Likes

Change train location trigger for Scenario Editor :frowning:

3 Likes

I’d love to see ‘Innovations’ from the old RTS game Empires: Dawn of the Modern Age (remember that?)

Basically:

Innovations

You pay to research upgrades from a certain building (let’s say the Arsenal). These upgrades are individually for Unit Speed, HP, Attack etc (give them appropriate names, ‘Military Drills’ for Speed).

When researched, these ‘Innovations’ go to the corner of the screen like the Special Ability powers that Asian Dynasties civs can get, mean that the upgrades are ready to be deployed.

Upon activating an Upgrade you can now select any military unit to permanently add the Innovation to it and its entire unit line, for example adding the Speed Innovation to a Musketeer, means that all Musketeers current and to be trained will have a permanent +1 movement speed upgrade.

You cannot remove them and they can only be Innovated the once. The amount of Innovations within the Arsenal (or any other building deemed appropriate to house them) could be limited so you have to plan carefully the units you wish to apply these to.