If you could include new mechanics, features or functions in AOE-3, what would you implement?

This game is flexible to change and to implement new things. I could say that it is one of the best strategy games in that regard. What would you propose?

Conditions:

• It must be general, not exclusive to one civilization, or at least apply to many.

• They could be radical things, but not too much. That is to say, they have logic or historical argumentation. (In case you want to include them in the meta)

• They can be things that give quality of life to the game. (Tools in the interface, commands, etc).

• Possible game modes or victory modes.

• Tools or details in the lobby.

What would I personally like to implement?

1. I would like the artillery to cooperate with the formation of the square, and that the soldiers making the square do not move while they are in this formation. That is, the artillery also has this command and is automatically located in the center. It would also be useful to move in this mode without disarming the formation.

2. Build gates on the trade route.

3. A button on the ‘Repair all buildings’ interface (Useful especially with walls)

4. A function or hotkey that makes one type of unit prioritize attacking another specific unit. For example, make the skirmishers ignore the cavalry and focus only on the musketeers.

5. Give Europeans a fourth resort. What could it be called and what would it be used for?

6. Imperial cards and increase the limit to 30.

7. Have a configuration button in the market that allows you to exchange coins in exchange for experience. (Similar to the function of the Asian consulate, but instead of export, give experience).
    Captura de pantalla (312)

8. Give detachments a bell-like function so villagers can garrison themselves. (Or give settlers the command to seek refuge as in AOE-4).

9. Allow ships to anchor. That is, maintain position. (useful for not being washed away and attracted to defensive buildings or artillery)

10. A command for the villagers to go into mele mode. (Useful against chivalry and sporadic attacks).

11. Make the pillars of the wall cost no wood. Or use only pillars at the beginning and end of the wall, and when building a door.

12. Be able to trade like the ‘Age of Empires 1- 2’ did and like AOE-4. (It could be a ‘supply wagon’ moving between the market and a coin-generating trading post.) Maybe a limit of 2 per player.

(Of course, without replacing the current model)

13. To be able to see the economy of your allies in the button ‘Player summary’ (Number of villagers, amount of resources and income) during the game. Your production and your shipments.

32 Likes

entrenched directional defenses, so like a cannon battery pointing in 1 way, more potent than normal defenses but only shoots in a 90 degree arc.

5 Likes

Id like the ability to make my armies face wherever i want, like in aoe4. You select your army and can direct where they look with the right click. In aoe3, the counters are unforgiving and having the ability to better control your troops and have them on the best position would be very useful.

Also, and I know many people wont like this, but i would really like bonus for attacking from a higher distance. Aoe2 and 4 have it, and I always have regarded 3 as better than 2, but that missing mechanic really could make this game more straregic than it already is to me personally. I know that it would throw balance off, but i think it could work nice, specially to melee units that could receive a small bonus on speed and attack when engaging downhill, as well as archers and maybe gunpowder troops, and may have a little nerf when uphill. As a 3D game, it can take better advantage of changes in terrain, cliffs and hills, which are already present in the game but only as cosmetic or unpassable terrain.

12 Likes

I want to pause the game and be able to mouse over units and see their stats. Not that individual unit, but that unit-class.

3 Likes

Espero que estas ideas te resulten útiles.

Sistema de día y noche (afectaría a la visión)

Personalización de exploradores o poder elegir otros con diferentes habilidades (medico)

Plantaciones de árboles (madera/comida)

Personalización de estructuras (la que construimos en el juego)

Que el ganado produzca oro en los corrales además de engordar

Que todas las civilizaciones empiecen con un doctor o un carretón de campamento medico

12 Likes

Something similar appears in the ‘the warchiefs’ campaign.

-Providing Agents and Assassins with a snipe attack that requires some time to recharge to make them actually useful against ranged mercs.
-Enabling civilian units garrisoned inside outposts to continue shooting from inside. It is silly to believe that the people seeking shelter inside an outpost would do nothing to defend themselves from the enemies outside. Plus, as of now, if you have an outpost near a town center and you ring the bell, you lose the shooting power of any settler that chooses to garrison in the outpost instead of the town center.
-Eliminating the limits to the amount of naval units you can build of each kind.

11 Likes

Mmm Mejorar los políticos europeos (Se sienten demasiado pésimos si los comparamos con otras civilizaciones del juego)

Propongo que: Los políticos ofrezcan un mejor bonus de avance de edad y que sea único dependiendo de la civs con que avances (así como el contratista mercenario para diferentes civs que te deja entrenar diferentes mercenarios en el bar)

Por ejemplo avanzar con el tirador (Portugueses): Te da un 10% mas de daño a los Guerrilleros y un 5% mas de resistencia a distancia.
Y avanzar con el tirador (Franceses): Le da un 5% mas de velocidad y un 0,60 de bonus extra contra caballería ligera.
El sargento de Armas (Español): Le otorga un 10% de ataque a los piqueros y rodeleros y les confiere daño en área (1).
El sargento de Armas (Alemanes): Le confiere a los Doppelsoldners un Bonus extra contra caballería (x1)

Esa es una idea general que tenia, la otra era la de que arreglaran algunas cosas con respecto a cartas rancias como la de tácticas de tercio o tiralieurs.

11 Likes

Your idea is good, but let’s not get confused. New functions or mechanics in general. I’ll paste your proposal in my other forum.

3 Likes

Oh! lo siento vale déjame pensar…

1: Que una mejora de murallas y cartas de fortalezas y castillos (para todas las civilizaciones) les permita hacer que ese tipo de edificios defensivos puedan tener armadura contra ataques de asedio.

2: El poder saquear bases enemigas (cuando arrases edificios poder robar un porcentaje de recursos) una táctica que sea rentable cuando se juegue todos contra todos y recuperes
parte de lo invertido en ese saqueo.

//El modo de juego regicida (ya esta en el juego pero solo en un mapa y me gustaría que se pudiese jugar en muchos mas)

// Un modo de juego de asalto de puestos comerciales, que ocupes unidades solamente forajidas (dependiendo del tipo de mapa serán forajidos africanos, americanos o asiáticos), en este modo de juego lucharas por sobrevivir y mantendrás a tu pandilla de forajidos sobreviviendo mientras luchas por los recursos mientras mas consigues mas fuertes te harás a tus rivales y podrás arrasar con las demás pandillas y hacerte con el monopolio del negocio sucio de criminales (se suena raro pero me parece curiosa esa idea)

lamento si no se me ocurrieron muchos aspectos de mecánicas señor, tengo poca imaginación parece ser xd.

oh y el 4 recurso europeo podrían ser especias, un recurso capaz de permitirles reclutar nativos y que con este recurso permita mejoras tanto en el numero de nativos que puedes entrenar como el daño de estos (aunque me gustaria que no se viese tan similar a lo de los asiaticos)

5 Likes

I love the idea of customization of explorer skills, also the vision in maps day or night

9 Likes

Pronto transformare AOE3:DE en BFME2 :smiling_imp:

1 Like

No se si cuenta como una mecánica nueva pero.

Que tal si los pudiéramos elegir aldeanos para que, independientemente de lo que estén haciendo, recolecten automáticamente alimento del ganado engordado (siempre que estén cerca) y luego reanuden lo que estaban haciendo inicialmente.

Para los jugadores competitivos y no tan competitivos, esto seria un sueño hecho realidad (menos micro gestión)

3 Likes

I got some ideas:
-Allowing cattle to generate food over time in livestock pens and similars.
-Specialized Estates/Farms
-A Randomize Hero Name button
-A AoM styled stats page for all units and buildings

• Flagships. Naval Hero units that provide morale bonuses for nearby allied units.
  • Infertile terrains. This one might be controversial, but it would be interesting if in some maps you couldn’t build farms unless you find a patch of green fertile earth. This could make desert, island and snowy maps much more interesting as the players are forced to change their strategy and find different ways to gather food and gold in the late game.
  • A map selection screen that features a world map and you select the map type by clicking on whatever region on want to play in.
7 Likes

Science? Coal? Faith? Political Power? I can’t think of something that fit the game without being too gimmicky. I don’t think a new fourth resource is really necessary. Perhaps the devs could retroactively give the “exports” mechanic to european nations as a special currency to hire mercenaries and unique units or bonuses from other civs. This would be tough to do without messing with the balance and not making the Asian nations feeling less unique.

Not sure about the Imperial cards, but it definitly could be fun to have larger decks options for casual play.

If people keep deleting pillars to save a few bucks on walls, they might as well make it free…

I think that the trade routes are a much better mechanic and more period appropriate that the old school trade carts. Perhaps the devs could add a mechanic where markets somehow benefit from being built near trade routes…

Everything else seems pretty reasonable.

1 Like

Ranked team games in lobby, being able to see players decks in lobby, being able to sort by games in lobby by the available slots and status of your friends easily accessible.

Fix / add these first

These changes will go a long way compared to other features suggested here

3 Likes

I am aware that it would be very difficult to implement. That is why I was not able to propose how.

For the treated mode most of all it would be good.

This without replacing the current mode. We would have 2 ways to trade.

As in AOE-4, being able to choose the biome?

I have also thought about cattle:

At least extend the limit a bit.

It is a pretty useless building. Maybe you can build a wall in a linear way, and only include the pillars in the corners.

The option to age up to imperial with a wonder for all the civilizations.

-In this way, wonders for all the civilizations can be included.

-Each wonder gives some bonus as the Asian wonders. If chosen, this bonus replaces the other imperial politician’s age up bonuses. Those wonder bonuses may not be exclusive and some of them can be shared among some civilizations (making things easier for the developers).

-Maybe (just maybe) the wonder can be reconstructed if destroyed at cheaper price.

-Some adjustments can be made for the Asian wonders for balance reasons.

-This wonder age up mechanic can be implemented in an Asian related expansion (makes more sense)

2 Likes

You know the map artwork that appears when you’re loading the game? These maps:

Imagine if they were the map selection screen instead. You click on the map to choose where to play instead of picking from a drop-down list.

20 Likes

It would be a nice touch. Although I would also like the ‘Choose biome’ system that AOE-4 has, where you choose the type of environment and ecosystem, and also choose the type of relief.

It would be nice to be able to configure in custom games:
The size of the map.
The amount of game, trees and mines.
The population limit (Up to 300).
The mersenarios that may be available.
The number of natives available, and the type of natives.
The number of trade routes and trading posts.
The amount of treasures.

It would also be good if they added game modes that have never been official:

Lost. (You start alone with the explorer on a strange and giant map and you must collect treasures in order to build the urban center.

The game mode ‘colosseum’

9 Likes