If you could include new mechanics, features or functions in AOE-3, what would you implement?

I think some mechanics from Warcraft III could be rescued.

For example, the ability to turn villagers into militiamen for a period of time, in this way depending on how many settlers we have we can defend ourselves against enemy incursions in exchange for risking our settlers.

We could also add the ability to avoid or auto use the active abilities of units and “Heroes”.

1 Like

How about including mini-games like in other video games? Like for example arcade games that allow you to unlock profile pictures.

4 Likes

They can add the mini-games in the Challenges section. It is so sad to see only bombard brawl in there.

2 Likes

But They can add the in the new campaign of story mode It is so sad to see only be AOE3 campaign of original TAD and TWC

7 Likes

Talking about scenarios:

-Official Colosseum and Risk maps, like they did with LOST @vividlyplain
-Campaign editor (currently I think that AoE 3 doesn’t support custom campaigns)

10 Likes

Yeah,but it no will be happen…if they start to make campaigns we can stay a year without dlcs…

2 Likes

Trainable Lazerbear, Crushington with a gatling in hand.

I would like that the charged shots could be controlled at will, that is, they could be paused. Sometimes you want to attack a melee unit to trap the enemy or just not let them get away, but the charged shot before that causes the melee attack to be hinder.

We could make there are two options, automatic (as it currently is) and manual (you use the ability at will).

1 Like

I would add allowing us to recover old profile pictures and customization for explorer, etc.

1 Like

Better chat function, being able to see which friends are online/in game, and PR rankings for Team games.

5 Likes

If there’s one thing that I’d like to see above all is splitting formations and stances like in AOE2. I just want to be able to put my troops and ships in defensive stance so they’re not running off chasing some scout or lone fishing boat, without them grouping up i a way I don’t like them too. The cav box size is especially ridiculous, they should just take it away if the cav isn’t protecting some other unit in the first place.

3 Likes

TO BE ABLE TO REORGANIZE OUR DECK !!! xD

7 Likes

I very much agree - it’s a very simple and small change but would mean a great deal.

2 Likes
  1. Y’know when you’re hunting/hearding and you have a nice group of 4-6 vils and then pathing/targetting makes it so vils can split off the group and end up wasting alot of food to decay? I’d like to eliminate that - either changing the logic so vils tend to stay in a group or just remove decay.

2. Livestock pens train in batches of five but fatten 10 at a time - increase the batch train size to 10 sheep/llama/cow/etc. Also take out ranching and make it a tech in the building - 50 wood 100 coin for cows or something like that.

3. Units with arced projectile trajectories (mortars/archers/grenadiers) get an attack ground feature like mangonels in aoe2/4. Doing this, archers deal their damage to a wide area with their given attack rate/multipliers but have a penalty to their base damage - basically allow for the old school archer volley as a ranged trample equivalent. Mortars/grens just bombard an area (and units in it) with a bit of splash and no damage reduction like normal aoe2 onagers.

4. Musks and skirm units get a bit of siege resistance in stagger formation at the cost of some speed - less than the 50% trade off of melee inf but something. Melee cav gets a bit of melee resistance in defend mode at the cost of a bit of attack speed.

2 Likes

Why not a version of the bar/tavern for mercenary ships? I really like the new mercenary ships that you can hire, which were previously only exclusive to Africans. Or just allow naval rally point maps to allow you to hire ships at the bar or tavern. 2 types of boat.

We could also have mixed shipments that arrive with mercenary crew members, for example corsair ships could arrive with 5 barbarian corsairs.

1 Like

In the same line, why not outlaw ships? Id dig the pirate out laws being actual pirates.

1 Like

I just want a rework of the naval system. The current combat of “big ships beats small ship” has zero strategy to it and as such naval combat in this game always feels super underwhelming.

9 Likes

It should be an actual rework to mechanics with boarding and such.

If it’s just a made up and forced counter system like AoE4 that wouldn’t really be an improvement.

1 Like

I’d like to see Pioneers/Engineers that can build:

1. Earthworks. A fortified area made of earth - your artillery can garrison in it to give it a few perks (slight arty resist and range but vulnerable to mortars and can’t move)
  2. Stockade. Builds a wooden mini-fort (uses the stockade building art from campaign). Has no attacks until garrisoned by your gunpowder units, to which at max capacity can spit out a rapid barrage of musketry.
  3. Palisade walls. Even with the stone wall upgrade, Pioneer units still (fast) build wooden walls.
  4. Powder Keg. Can set up a fused powder Keg (created as a very small ‘building’) which detonates after a few seconds, damaging your foe and any unlucky units of your own. A non-suicidal petard bomb if you like. [Enabled via a Shipment Card]

Pioneers would only have a carpenter axe as melee and go under the Heavy Infantry/siege trooper tags. Their siege attack is the Pioneer attacking a structure with the axe.

Maybe Civs that Pioneer/Engineers would be out of place with would get a unit that can scale walls instead

1 Like

Yep… they should allow small ships to beat big ships too.

Like how English fire ships defeated the spanish armada.

2 Likes