India needs an late game update. Ideas and suggestions

I’ve done new designs before to make the 3 Asian civs avoid the stereotypes associated with wonders, monk warrior heroes and so on. Although those are not aimed at buffing the Indians, I think some their ideas coincide with part of the arguments of this thread. May I share them here? Perhaps they can spark some new ideas.

My Indian redesigns:

My new Indian cards:

In my designs for new Indian Age Mechanic, the option Merchants’ Guild would replace the wonder Karni Mata, makes Sacred Fields have the passive ability to increase gather rate of nearby friendly Villagers in a radius of 20 by 5%, unable to stack.
That allows the aura covering a big range if Sacred Fields don’t be constructed too close. Moreover, there are 4 Sacred Fields available.

Add Mysorean Rockets as the new grenade trooper and heavy infantry units with iron-cased rockets, trainable at Castle in the Commerce Age.
On the other hand, Flail Elephants are removed from Castle and become the native warriors of a new religious semi-civ, Theravada Buddhist Temple.

I add a new card called European Artillery Foundry in the Industrial Age for the Indians. Ships 2 Mortars. Mortar can be trained at Castle.
Besides, there is a new option of export gathering efficiency at Consulate in my version: +80% but -25% for other resources. Also, there are 2 cards Kolkata Merchant Guild and Mechanized Tea Harvesting for improve export income for the Indians.

I make it become a card in the Fortress Age so it may keep balance I guess.
I also replace Royal Green Jackets with Princely states’ Army, making it more Mughal instead of British. The card Princely states’ Army would cost 1500 coin, ship 2 Sepoys and 1 Sowar for each shipment sent thus far in a game, up to 30 Sepoys and 15 Sowar.
I do many change to make the Indians more Mughal, including introducing horsemen and replacing the European ships.

I honestly do not like the original design of Mansabdar. It should be hero to reflect its status of landlord and warlord, instead of an advanced regular unit.
In my version, the Zamindar is the Indian hero. Once Zamindar is appointed to Mansabdar, it can have the same passive ability to increase the HP and attack of ALL the nearby friendly army. It is a hero so does not use population, coming from the shipment drop point after ransoming it.

I suggested this at following too.
Add the Dutch into the Indian consulate, but Indians still choose up to only four allies.

1 Like