Janissary Vs Villagers

LoL :rofl: :+1: +50 to ranged attacks, that’s a lot, even for Ottomans.

Oh boy oh boy. I really hope they don’t do this with Jaguar Warrior if they ever include Aztecs.

@HasanIchess do the ones with textile upgrade

Don’t bother explaining things with actual calculation here, you’re giving up your time for nothing.
Just flag this topic and move on. Shouldn’t have been a new thread to begin with.

At I least I was able to follow your math.

i actually messaged the owner of this thread i said "there is also a janissary discussion why didnt you write it there " he replied “should i delete this post” and i looked and didnt see anyone complain and so many people already writed so many things i told him not to delete so lesson from you need to learn from is you can message the post owners too

this guy you follow dont even know the janissary attack damage to cav and he is doing calculations about it :smiley:

1 Like

I see yall banned me from the forum for a few days and yall continue to run ramped with FALSE game data in hopes of manipulating the discussion in your favor (or maybe it’s a self imposed delusional?)

You’re misinformed on how this mechanic works? As we all can see it’s a stationary buff that occurs in increments of 5s (requiring 15s for max buff).

Next

You appear to also not know that the base Attack Speed of the Streltsy is the same as any standard HC; 2.12s? So 2.12s is not 0.17 FASTER than 1.75s Attack Speed of the Janissary?

NEXT

The MAX buff of the Streltsy (with chemistry) demonstrates the Streltsy STILL DOES NOT have a faster Attack Speed than the base Janissary Attack Speed of 1.75s???..

However you do get a point for one thing; in a scenario where the Streltsy gets to remain stationary for 15s and maintains their buff vs cavalry thru out the engagement then YES!!! The Streltsy will OUT DPS the Janissary
 But here are the numbers 53/1.83 vs 48/1.75; that’s 5.5% in favor of the Streltsy given a VERY VERY unique situation with stringent requirements in order to achieve this feat
 Also when you consider Armor this specific scenario favors the streltsy even more.

Nevertheless here are the more practical engagements. Either your streltsy are somewhere on the map stationary, then are engaged by enemy army, the streltsy shuffles towards the enemy, retains whatever buff they accumulated for the first shot (if the engagement happens fast enough), but then has to build their buff from scratch in intervals of 5s; OR the Streltsy are moving towards the enemy and does NOT get off the first volley buffed.

Secondly comparing Ottomans in anyway related to DPS without considering the Mehter is irresponsible (trying to be nice?). With the Mehter Jans out DPS streltsy vs Cav in ALL scenarios and WITHOUT needing a stationary build up gimmick; which means you can kite!! (can’t kite and retain your buffs with Streltsy). The comparison is 53/1.83 vs 48/1.53. And YES when you include the best range armor (10 range resist), the Janissary + mehter STILL beats the 15+ s stationary streltsy, that can’t move or it will lose its buff after 1 volley.

Lastly if we do a DPS per COST analysis
Jans win without even needing the Mehter WHEN we’re fighting against cavalry.

1 Like

i know that im just didnt want to calculate thing its so complicated while aplying the attack speed i didnt apllied damage bonus there yes you are right its attack speed minimum goes there but after this pup it will probably be 1,5 and this is just attack we are speaking it has more health to and also they have 50 damage melee attack

yes it can be but mehter can be targeted and get killed too then maybe streltsy have warrior monks backing them up or you need to fight with less soldiers since you made mehter we cant compare them like that it doesnt gives healthy solutions but you are right with mehter they are better

bro with 3,5 range who are you kiting its the opposite streltsy kites them if you are talking about cav you are right but streltsy still better becasue of health difference and you forget but they also have move speed ability maybe they are better kiter

yes for now after the pup it wont be like that i hope im wrong

1 Like

:D:D did you really banned or are you doing metaphor :D:D

It should just be merged with the Jannisary thread. Definitely don’t need another one of these for Jannisary vs each unit type.

2 Likes

If you think it can’t get any worse, see the Imperial Janissary.

Villagers kill all the Elite Janissary with 23 villagers left alive, 94% hp!!!

Incredible.

9 Likes

1 Like

:smiley: that actually made me laugh :rofl:

4 Likes

This is another alt account.

1 Like

And more hours-old alt accounts liked by the same alt accounts! Sad to see the AOE forums turning into, well, this.

6 Likes

This is another alt account.

Keep up your discussion guys, sorry for the offtopic meme, i couldn’t avoid the temptation

6 Likes

with this I show that the Handcannoner are weak with everything, and the Janissary differs that it will be useful at least against cavalry

This video really highlights for me the strength of attack range in attack-move combat. The jans had to walk that extra 0.5 meters, giving streltsy the first shot and allowing the streltsy to focus-fire more effectively because more streltsy were in range of each jan, while jans were firing from max range with minimal focus. In a scenario that balanced, the first shot will always win. Even 30 streltsy vs 40 streltsy, if you walk the 40 an extra 0.5 meters and give the 30 first shot, the 40 would lose.

It’s also a testament to why jans ARE so much better than spearmen, because the range lets them focus fire so much better than spearmen.

2 Likes

Jans are terribly weak. Not only they take +%50 more ranged dmg low dmg low hp zero armor nothing to be relied on . Its way too bad. This unit need total REWORK
 They are incredibly weak against all ranged attacks while being weak against all other melee units besides cavalry. And
 Surprisingly they aren’t that good against cavalry as well. Perfect definition of USELESS TRASH unit.

8 Likes

Janissary vs Villager (English villagers only) video is pointless. It’s a fight that will never happen in a real game. You know what else will wreck Jans? Delhi fishing boats! OMG what were the balance devs thinking

1 Like