Kills count don't increase after the 34793 update

Game Version:

• Build (34793)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Kills count do not increase when kill any unit.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Start a game, especially scenario game.
  2. Kill and lose some unit.
  3. Triggers in scenario detected no kill increased.
  4. Finish the game, and kills and deaths is all zero in Military Stats.

I made a match with only 2 extreme AI. After the one of them defeated another one, this is the Score Screen:

6 Likes

Good luck on Art of War how to rush an opponent.

2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build (34793)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

After a match, the count of killed/lost units is displayed incorrectly

Reproduction Steps:

1. Start a game
  2. Play for a while
  3. After resign/game finish click on statistics
2 Likes

Just found out the same. Here is a screenshot of a game lasting over an hour with at least hundreds of kills:

3 Likes

I am experiencing the same problem.

Most of games had inaccurate stats on units lost and units killed.

2 Likes

Game Version:

• Build (101.101.34793.0 4597979)
  • Platform Steam

Issue:

Kill / Death statistic shows incorrect data.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Play a Game till the end and review statistic, Multiplayer and singelplayer. Teammates had correct values in same game shown.

2 Likes

It’s known. Stated on hotfix https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe2de-hotfix-34793/

4 Likes

Ever since the latest hotfix, all of the military stats are way off on multiplayer and standard game.
It will say that I only received 1 kill, when I know I had at least 70; also will say that I had 0 losses, when I know at least 50 of my units died.
This goes for the AI and my friend that I play with.

All other stats seem to look correct.

I have also had my game crashing more often as well.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?

My current version is: 101.101.34793.0 4597979

1 Like

The dev team is aware of it and they even warned players in the latest patch notes

1 Like

Game Version:

• Build (####)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

Kills/deaths do not show up in the stats. Neither during the game nor in the end. Scores do not reflect k/d either.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Play a standard game in any difficulty.
  2. Create military and kill enemies.
    3 . Finish the game (quit, resign, win, lose, etc.)
2 Likes

Even I faced this problem playing online with my friends. K/D is very small in a game lasting 2 hours like 6/4 despite us killing 1000s of units

1 Like

I tried to follow the instruction.
No download proposal on the steam program, nor on the Microsoft website.
How do I fix this issue?

1 Like

Restart steam. you can try verifying game cache too as it should then download latest data. This isn’t really right thread to talk about that as this is about kill counter

Thank you for your answer.
I specifically wrote in this thread because my kills count are completely messed up. I tried to follow the instructions on your previous post (cf. https://www.ageofempires.com/news/aoe2de-hotfix-34793/). I did not work, as I explained.
I did restart the program several times.
As for the cache I am not an IT expert and do not know where to find it.
So I do not know what to do.
For a game that is less than three months old, it is quite a joke to have such issues.

1 Like

I can Confirm, it seems like it only take into account converted units, instead of killed ones

1 Like

Hi

Hotfix isn’t supposed to fix it. This hotfix broke it and devs just state it they known issue. You need to wait next patch. Hotfix didn’t touch anything related to kills but it still broke it. All updates in all games cause some new bugs, some are unknown and some like this bug was noticed in development(hence they get listed as known issue in patch notes).

1 Like

Howdy,

Just wanted to report it here as I couldn’t see any similar topics but since the latest patch, it seems that none of the kill counters are working in all custom scenarios.

For example:

• Castle Blood (CBA)
  • Archers Blood
  • Archers Hellfire
  • etc.

Razing building triggers work correctly, (meaning that when you kill a building - it is counted)

Killing units does not work, (kills just don’t seem to be counted at all anymore, was something changed in the patch that prevents this?

I don’t know enough about triggers or custom scenarios to do this testing myself but I’m an avid player of custom scenarios and since the patch, none of them work correctly. Thanks!

2 Likes

This is a known bug.

It appeared during the current hotfix, it will be fixed

1 Like

Ah thanks a lot, I didn’t see the hotfix list :slight_smile: woohoo!

2 Likes

You are welcome my friend.

1 Like