Latin American general post

¡¡Feliz 12 de Octubre!!

4 Likes

Sí,yo estoy por streamear las campañas americanas de AoE 2 ahora a la noche…

2 Likes

I really liked how Mexico, and later France, introduced multi-step revolutions. It got me thinking about how this could be used to introduce smaller nations into the game that otherwise would never be added. Some ideas could be:

Portugal/Netherlands/Italy > Brazil > Uruguay
Spain/Italy/Germany > Argentina > Uruguay/Paraguay
Spain > Peru > Bolivia
Spain > Gran Colombia > Venezuela/Ecuador
Mexico > Centroamérica > Costa Rica/El Salvador/Guatemala/Honduras

This could also apply to other parts of the world like:

• France > Revolutionary France > Napoleonic France > Belgium
2 Likes

Historically would be the other way around
España<Asunción<Buenos Aires

M
A
L
T
A

316 km cuadrados

Paraguay 1050 km cuadrados
Bolivia 1099 km cuadrados
Peru 1285 km cuadrados

Key words: smaller , never , otherwise
To all; Please refrain from the “historical significance” fallacy in any future counterargument attempts to this post

1 Like

Seriously, are there people who request Paraguay as a civilization? Personally I see Paraguay as a revolution

4 Likes

Paraguay as a revolution for a future Argentina Civ is the most logical move for me.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s what I had in my plans too. Since Revolutions are much more fleshed out in DE it sounds like the best way to do it justice.

Also I don’t wanna make a bajillion South American civs like I did in Wars of Liberty.

Yeah, many south american countries can perfectly be revolutions rather than full civs:
Like Uruguay and Paraguay for Argentina.
Bolivia for Peru maybe??? along side Ecuador.
Venezuela, Ecuador and Panama for Colombia.
Etcetera.

2 Likes

A early Spanish revolution perhaps

Historically inaccurate

Uruguay should be a Revolt inside Revolts

The Spanish revolutions refer to their viceroyalties and important captaincies, Paraguay does not have that category that is why it cannot be a Spanish revolution, Paraguay deserves to be an Argentine revolution, Bolivia a revolution for a Peruvian civ,and Ecuador a revolution for the great Colombia

Last time I check a revolutions just means “revolution” as independence, it has nothing to do with the administration level of a former colony
Take a peak on this:

• Paraguay gained its independence from Spain without bloodshed

• It has the first mention of autocracy and self goverment from the “Revolución Comunera” in the early 1500’s

• As a result of the defeat in the “Battle of Paraguarí”, the Bonarense intention of annexation is stopped

• From the “Nuestra Señora de la Asunción, Capital de la Provincia Gigante de Indias” (Mother of Cities) were founded:
    1- Santa Cruz de la Sierra
    2- Corrientes
    3- Santa Fe
    4- Córdoba
    5- Buenos Aires
    8- Ciudad Real
    9- Concepción del Bermejo
    10- Santiago de Jeres
    And 60 more

I generally don’t discuss wrong opinions, but I do response when incorrect proposition are made

that’s okay but in the game the revolutions refer to the processes of independence in the viceroyalties and captaincies at the beginning of the 19th century, otherwise we would have a Bolivian and an Ecuadorian revolution

In any case, the historical event you refer to could be considered a card from the metropolis, but for the game it is not a revolution as such, the Spanish revolutions in the game refer to the independence of the viceroyalties and captaincies.

I see three South American Post-colonial civs:

1. Argentinians
  2. Brazilians
  3. Gran Colombians (with Muisca revolution like Mayan revolution from Mexicans civ)

Native American civs:

1. Mapuche
  2. Tupis
3 Likes

Spain just cant have 20 revolution options, so they have to select the most important aka the viceroyalties ones

Of course they can and should

A Age 2 card “Revolución Comunera”
Thats it
It requires almost no effort to think about it

1 Like

Thats not a revolution, thats a card. Meanwhile, europeans dont need more buffs

imagen

1 Like

You have a very funny definition of without bloodshed my man.